** Maryland **

keiffers said:
well I hope you do :D

hey you :kiss: it's great to see you again

since you never showed up from texas, i had to find my own fun....

and i did ;)

how are things with you?
 
princess4u said:
hey you :kiss: it's great to see you again

since you never showed up from texas, i had to find my own fun....

and i did ;)

how are things with you?

well you could have showed up from Maryland ya know LOL the plane travels both ways LOL

things are fine, busy but fine
 
keiffers said:
well you could have showed up from Maryland ya know LOL the plane travels both ways LOL

things are fine, busy but fine

LOL - ok, i hear you ;)

how's the job going?
 
princess4u said:
LOL - ok, i hear you ;)

how's the job going?

LOL

the job is ok....still temp and have bout a month and a half left on that assignment, but HOPEFULLY i'll get back in perm.....they want me to stay and my coworker doesn't want to have to train someone all over again, so maybe I'll still be there after sept :D
 
keiffers said:
LOL

the job is ok....still temp and have bout a month and a half left on that assignment, but HOPEFULLY i'll get back in perm.....they want me to stay and my coworker doesn't want to have to train someone all over again, so maybe I'll still be there after sept :D

keiffers said:
LOL

the job is ok....still temp and have bout a month and a half left on that assignment, but HOPEFULLY i'll get back in perm.....they want me to stay and my coworker doesn't want to have to train someone all over again, so maybe I'll still be there after sept :D

The best thing you could ever do is treat your temp assignment as your sole source of income and a job you would see yourself on a daily work basis. Employers see that a temp person, who has potential, can eventually come aboard if there is reason and room to do so. I have worked many temp assignments in cities like NYC and SF; to eventually be contracted on a long term basis or even being hired —I worked temp for a client in NYC and they paid the agency $18K to be able to hire me. Employers hate to train over and over again because of the costs associated with down time and straining of resources. Best of luck to you and drive on little trooper! (that's an Army saying)
 
on_the_verge said:
The best thing you could ever do is treat your temp assignment as your sole source of income and a job you would see yourself on a daily work basis. Employers see that a temp person, who has potential, can eventually come aboard if there is reason and room to do so. I have worked many temp assignments in cities like NYC and SF; to eventually be contracted on a long term basis or even being hired —I worked temp for a client in NYC and they paid the agency $18K to be able to hire me. Employers hate to train over and over again because of the costs associated with down time and straining of resources. Best of luck to you and drive on little trooper! (that's an Army saying)

oh I do treat it like that - yeah it pays the bills and I actually enjoy what I do.....it's with the same company I got laid off from last year so I know the inside dealings of the company already, and my coworker has already made it quite well known that she does NOT want to train another person and that I have quite a handle on my job....having been with the company for 8 yrs (laid off on my 8 yr anniversary of all dates) prior to being laid off helps compared to the previous people.....I think my cards are all going the right way, but just have to play it by ear and HOPE for the best :)
 
keiffers said:
oh I do treat it like that - yeah it pays the bills and I actually enjoy what I do.....it's with the same company I got laid off from last year so I know the inside dealings of the company already, and my coworker has already made it quite well known that she does NOT want to train another person and that I have quite a handle on my job....having been with the company for 8 yrs (laid off on my 8 yr anniversary of all dates) prior to being laid off helps compared to the previous people.....I think my cards are all going the right way, but just have to play it by ear and HOPE for the best :)

Wicked! Hopefully, you can set inroads that make you indispensable and you should look into who has the most impression or pull at your job and focus on making yourself a solid asset to the company. I have so much email of compliments form my clients and my bosses boss, but I make sure it's put on paper. It's gotten to the point my boss freaks out if she knows I am stressed at work and might quit. I handed her my resignation last summer and she looked like she was going to faint. So I made it clear I would stay, but things had to change—when I want change, I make sure I can back up my end too. I ended up getting a 4K bonus and a 7.5% raise 6 months later.

You can't always play things by ear… you have to be hungry and instrumental with finesse. It used to be that longevity was "security" at the workplace, but it's more about how many skills you have, how you handle yourself and work with others, what you can return to the company and how much your skills make the company more productive and lucrative. You basically have to fuck your job passionately and seduce the very people who sign your paychecks and keep you employed. It's not that you have to be a slave or sell yourself out, but it's how your involvement is second to none.

Dude, looks like you are getting back on track and kudos!
 
princess4u said:
today is my friday :)

not much fun planned for the weekend though ~



well that isnt much fun. im sure you can come up with something for a couple days worth of fun, use your imagination ;)


:rose:
 
Back
Top