New to Lit.

This is how little I know about the story submission process. I thought one simply "posted" a story as soon they wrote it, and it then appeared instantaneously on lit.
Is there some editorial/screening process involved?
Call me stupid, but this is how I learn.

Yes, there's a screening process involved. It takes a certain amount of time for stories to be posted. Less for contest entries and possibly for the well-established authors. I'd tell you how long, but that would spoil the surprise.
 
Yes, there's a screening process involved. It takes a certain amount of time for stories to be posted. Less for contest entries and possibly for the well-established authors. I'd tell you how long, but that would spoil the surprise.

Glynndah, at least three people have already said. I do want to add, though, it takes much longer, maybe three weeks, if you have a story with audible or an illustrated story. :confused:
 
Glynndah, at least three people have already said. I do want to add, though, it takes much longer, maybe three weeks, if you have a story with audible or an illustrated story. :confused:
Oh, dear. Perhaps it's time for me to leave for the evening.
 
Yes, there's a screening process involved. It takes a certain amount of time for stories to be posted. Less for contest entries and possibly for the well-established authors. I'd tell you how long, but that would spoil the surprise.

"glynndah", your final sentence sounds like Oz-talk. Is this on purpose? Never mind, you'll answer in same either way.
Can't I just dictate a story, as I can't type for shit.
 
This is not the dreaded and much discussed question, but I'm still putting on my flame suit and running for cover.

When do I lose the 'virgin' status and get one of the really cool monikers that you all have? Do you get to pick your own or are they assigned? What about the avitar?
 
This is not the dreaded and much discussed question, but I'm still putting on my flame suit and running for cover.

When do I lose the 'virgin' status and get one of the really cool monikers that you all have? Do you get to pick your own or are they assigned? What about the avitar?
A welcome :kiss: for the little newbie from the good little witch.

They're assigned according to post count. After 1000, you can chose your own. After 100 posts, you can post an AV, so start posting.
 
A welcome :kiss: for the little newbie from the good little witch.

They're assigned according to post count. After 1000, you can chose your own. After 100 posts, you can post an AV, so start posting.

Thank you, kind witch. How many posts does it take to lose the 'virgin' status. I feel so innocent and naive, like I need experience all over again...
 
Thank you, kind witch. How many posts does it take to lose the 'virgin' status. I feel so innocent and naive, like I need experience all over again...

You know, I'm not sure. I just posted chattering away and the next thing I knew, I was "experienced" then "very experienced". I thought there'd be a catagory for "old rake" or something but no, at 1000 you get to choose your own. That takes a remarkably short time, assuming that you are the kind of keyboard blabbermouth that most writers and would-be's are. The really neat thing is to be able to change your AV and the motto at will, depending on your mood.

I think that this one is my default, however.
 
This is not the dreaded and much discussed question, but I'm still putting on my flame suit and running for cover.

When do I lose the 'virgin' status and get one of the really cool monikers that you all have? Do you get to pick your own or are they assigned? What about the avitar?

Thank you, kind witch. How many posts does it take to lose the 'virgin' status. I feel so innocent and naive, like I need experience all over again...

It takes 30.
 
So the trick is to keep replying in threads like this one?

You're a quick study, kdddo. Then in the evening you can try to post as fast as the regulars in the Naked Party Thread. Talk about adding up the points . . . Man! Besides, we love new company. ;)
 
(...) When do I lose the 'virgin' status and get one of the really cool monikers that you all have?
For that first part of the question there's another way beside posting, and I'll show you in detail if you're female. :devil:
 
Woot woot! I'm close - oh so close - to getting my avatar now!

Welcome to the newbie - from another newbie. :)

And - yes - the Naked Party Thread is awesome - you must go have a drink and dance.
 
This thread seems to have attracted a friendly crowd, so I was hoping for some answers to other newbie questions.

My first story is finally ready for publication. I have the story, title, teaser line and catagory all established. Does anyone have suggestions for the best way to submit it? The FAQ said that the site will accept stories as Word documents or cut and pasted into the submission form. Is one way better than the other. My story is in Word right now, but it doesn't have any tricky formatting. Anything else I should know as I'm working through the submission process?
 
Back
Top