Posting wav. files at Lit

kjtatts

Literotica Guru
Joined
Jun 16, 2002
Posts
15,809
I want to post a small recorded wav file into my thread. Its just me reading a piece from a new story. Can it be done?

Any info would be appreciated, as I am now going slowly insane.


Thanks. :)
 
*waves Hi ya' KJ*

The only file types that you can attach to your posts are: "bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt zip". So if you zip it, then you can attach that file. Otherwise you have to post it somewhere else, and then link to it.
 
kjtatts said:
Thank you ShyGuy.... I'll try to do a zipfile. :) :kiss:

Don't forget that it has to zip down to less than 100KB to attach it.

You might want to convert it to MP3 or some other compressed audio format before zipping it -- it won't compress as much as a WAV file percentage wise, but it might compress enough that way.
 
Weird Harold said:
Don't forget that it has to zip down to less than 100KB to attach it.

You might want to convert it to MP3 or some other compressed audio format before zipping it -- it won't compress as much as a WAV file percentage wise, but it might compress enough that way.


Hi there Harold... yes, I just discovered that it's too big. Now I just have to figure out how to convert it to mp3.... LOL

Gosh this is fun. :p
 
kjtatts said:
Hi there Harold... yes, I just discovered that it's too big. Now I just have to figure out how to convert it to mp3.... LOL

Gosh this is fun. :p

Just how big is it? (zipped and in WAV format.)
 
It is over 312kb zipped... and 807kb unzipped in wav form....

It seems so huge for being only a few sentences....
 
kjtatts said:
It is over 300kb zipped... and 807kb unzipped in wav form....

It seems so huge for being only a few sentences....

I don't think even converting it to a compressd format and zipping it is going to get it down to 100KB. 60% compression is about the same as MP3 format would achieve, and zippng a compressed format won't come anywhere close to compressing it another 66%. (Compressed files normally only compress about 40% when zipped.)


I'd start looking for someplace to host it and provide a link.
 
Weird Harold said:
I don't think even converting it to a compressd format and zipping it is going to get it down to 100KB. 60% compression is about the same as MP3 format would achieve, and zippng a compressed format won't come anywhere close to compressing it another 66%. (Compressed files normally only compress about 40% when zipped.)


I'd start looking for someplace to host it and provide a link.


Awesome. :)

I have a few people scouting around for links, so between all of us, I should be able to find something. Much appreciated, Harold. :kiss:
 
kjtatts said:
Awesome. :)

I have a few people scouting around for links, so between all of us, I should be able to find something. Much appreciated, Harold. :kiss:

The size limitation on attachments make posting some types of files difficult. and compressing files usually can only do so much.

You might explore the options for converting it to MP3 or WMA (windows Media format) anyway because at nearly one meg in WAV format, it's going to eat up a lot of most free hosting space allotments.
 
KJ, feel free to e-mail it to me, and I'll try to play a bit with it, and see if I can get it under the size limit.
 
Encoding a 44.1 kHz 16 bit stereo (1411 kbps)2wav file should compress nicely with a 11:1 ratio to a 44.1 kHz 128 kbps mp3. Alternatively, if this is a few sentences, you can downgrade the quality of the wav into 8 bit 11kHz mono wav while still keeping those sentences intact (we are not concerned about minor loss in the audio). This should give you a 1:16 compression ratio. Using Goldwave or other downloadable audio editor shall have the same capability of doing this compression.

By then sipping should be able to give another 10-30% compression on top of the other compression.
 
Back
Top