Reply Only With a Lyric...

What I want You've got and it might be hard to handle
But like a flame that burns the candle
The candle feeds the flame, yeah, yeah
What I've got
Full stock of thoughts and dreams that scatter
And you pull them all together

And, uh, how? I can't explain
Oh, yeah, well, well, you
You make my dreams come true
 
Ruth Ann and Lynn
They wear them cut off britches and those skinny little halters
And they're second cousins to me
Man I don't care I want to get between 'em
With a great big ol' hard on like a old bois d' arc fence post

You could hang a fine rail gate from Holstein
Do some sisters twisted 'til the cows come home
You know will have us some time we're gonna have us some time
 
I know my days are numbered but I'm bad at math
I got a dick so hard that a cat couldn't scratch
Made some bad decisions, I shouldn't go back
I can't see her, it's just-a not like that
 
Your technique
It leaves me weak
My heart knows
It's the beat I seek

And I found it
(Just got lucky)
Oh yes, I found it
(Just got lucky)
 
Daylight turns to moonlight and I'm at my best
Praising the way it all works, and gazing upon the rest, yeah
The cool before the warm, the calm after the storm
The cool before the warm, the calm after the storm
 
I drop a bag on the Rolls with the temp tags
My n- locked, scammin' money out their pen pals
I know a b-, bust it open in the club
Introduce you to the plug, ten plates feel like ten cash
 
It started out with a kiss, how did it end up like this?
It was only a kiss, it was only a kiss
Now I'm falling asleep and she's calling a cab
While he's having a smoke and she's taking a drag
Now they're going to bed and my stomach is sick
And it's all in my head, but she's touching his


Admit it, you're singing this to yourself and filling in the last word 😊
The Killers!!! I ❤️ them!
 
Our lives drift into a faceless sense of void
Everything of meaning becomes destroyed
There's too much concrete for us to breathe
We are kept down 'cause we hate

Love's sweet exile
 
"If you like Piña Coladas
And getting caught in the rain
If you're not into yoga
If you have half a brain
If you'd like making love at midnight
In the dunes on the Cape
Then I'm the love that you've looked for
Write to me and escape."
 
People of Gotham, let me be clear
In the dark of the night, it's the bat you should fear
I have only one question before we ignite
Will you dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?
 
Girls will be boys and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world
Except for Lola
Lo-Lo-Lo-Lo-Lola

Well, I'd left home just a week before
And I'd never, ever kissed a woman before
But Lola smiled, took me by the hand
She said, "Little boy, gonna make you a man"

Well, I'm not the world's most masculine man
But I know what I am and I'm glad I'm a man
And so is Lola
Lo-Lo-Lo-Lo-Lola
Lo-Lo-Lo-Lo-Lola
 
I feel like I'm missing pieces of sleep
A memory fades to a, a pale landscape
You were an extinction, a desert heat
A blind illness of my anxiety
 
It was the greatest night of my life.
Although I still had not found a wife
I had my friends
Right there beside me.
We were close together.
We tripped the wall and we scaled the graveyard
Ancient shapes were all around us.
The wet dew felt fresh beside the fog.
Two made love in an ancient spot
One chased a rabbit into the dark
A girl got drunk and balled the dead
And I gave empty sermons to my head.
Cemetary, cool and quiet
Hate to leave your sacred lay
Dread the milky coming of the day
 
All is quiet on New Year’s Day
A world in white gets underway
I want to be with you, be with you
Night and day
Nothing changes on New Year’s Day
 
When the bells all ring and the horns all blow
And the couples we know are fondly kissing
Will I be with you or will I be among the missing?
Maybe it's much too early in the game

Oh, but I thought I'd ask you just the same
What are you doing New Year's, New Year's Eve?
 
Happy New Year, Happy New Year
May we all have a vision now and then
Of a world where every neighbour is a friend
Happy New Year, Happy New Year
May we all have our hopes, our will to try
If we don't, we might as well lay down and die
You and I
 
Your love is like a mountain
And I'd love to slide down into your canyon
In the valley of love
I won't rest until I bring joy and happiness

I wanna do something freaky to you Baby
Oh, baby
I wanna do something freaky to you
Right now Baby
 
People send postcards
And they all hope I'm feeling well
I retreat into self-pity, it's so easy
Where they patronise my misery
 
Bar-middy-bar, de bar, umm bar bar
Bar-middy-bar, de bar, gedang-a-dang-dang
Digger-Dong-ding, blue moon
 
There were no smoky dives
Few amours, fou or not
There were no petty crimes
Foreign substances bought
There were no midnight drives
With a crime boss's wife
Need a sentence at most
In assessing my life
 
Back
Top