Rock & Roll Trivia

CorsetLvr said:
Birch was the last US soldier killed in WWII. He was killed by Chinese communists. He is sometimes called the first victim of the cold war.

Thanks. I was close, but no cigar.
 
CorsetLvr said:
I'm sure they have had different respoonses over the years. I was referring to the original review of the album when it come out in 1971.

As a followup, no points given because it's too easy:

From Rolling Stones' 500 greatest albums of all time list:

Who has #1, #3, #5, #10, and #14? Throw in #22, #39, #59, # 76, and #86 and you've got a half-way decent group of musicians.
 
Last edited:
slyc_willie said:
A few random bits of trivia. Some are pretty easy (I think):

1) What band was on stage at the 'Titty Twister' in "From Dusk Till Dawn?" Tito & Tarantula

3) Which of the following songs did Jim Steinman NOT write:

A- Total Eclipse Of The Heart
B- Rock And Roll Dreams Come True
C- I'd Lie For You (And That's The Truth)
D- Wasted Youth

5) The name of the band 'The B-52s' refers to what? US Air Force Bombers nicknamed BUFF (for Big Ugly Fat Fucker)
6) Who first recorded 'Nothing Compares 2 U?' Sinead O'Conner
 
CorsetLvr said:
Nope - Allman Brothers - Fillmore East
From which performance came the 33 minute "Mountain Jam" about which I waxed nostalgically lyrical earlier in the thread. (It's on the Eat a Peach album though - there wasn't room on the Fillmore East album.)
 
thebullet said:
As a followup, no points given because it's too easy:

From Rolling Stones' 500 greatest albums of all time list:

Who has #1, #3, #5, #10, and #14? Throw in #22, #39, #59, # 76, and #86 and you've got a half-way decent group of musicians.

I had to google, although I knew #1. :)

1. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, The Beatles
3. Revolver, The Beatles
5. Rubber Soul, The Beatles
10. The Beatles ("The White Album"), The Beatles
14. Abbey Road, The Beatles
22. Plastic Ono Band, John Lennon
39. Please Please Me, The Beatles
59. Meet the Beatles, The Beatles
76. Imagine, John Lennon
86. Let It Be, The Beatles

(I own most of those. :) )

Just out of curiosity (and because I have nothing better to do right now), I checked to see how many of the top 500 I own...87 of them. I suppose most of those titles are pretty universal in their appeal.

Good music is good music. :)
 
Jubal_Harshaw said:
slyc_willie said:
A few random bits of trivia. Some are pretty easy (I think):

1) What band was on stage at the 'Titty Twister' in "From Dusk Till Dawn?" Tito & Tarantula

3) Which of the following songs did Jim Steinman NOT write:

A- Total Eclipse Of The Heart
B- Rock And Roll Dreams Come True
C- I'd Lie For You (And That's The Truth)
D- Wasted Youth

5) The name of the band 'The B-52s' refers to what? US Air Force Bombers nicknamed BUFF (for Big Ugly Fat Fucker)
6) Who first recorded 'Nothing Compares 2 U?' Sinead O'Conner

Right on #1 and partially right on #5 ;)
 
CorsetLvr said:
Jubal_Harshaw said:
A fellow Heinlein fan?

There's a lot of us out here. We're writers and we tend to think about sexuality in a more open manner. The convergence of that with Heinlein fans is not surprising. :D

On Topic:

Not sure what the double entendre in B-52's is, but I know where they originated. Two part question;

1) What college town did the B-52's emerge from?
2) What other band, even more successful, came from that town?
 
Belegon said:
CorsetLvr said:
There's a lot of us out here. We're writers and we tend to think about sexuality in a more open manner. The convergence of that with Heinlein fans is not surprising. :D

On Topic:

Not sure what the double entendre in B-52's is, but I know where they originated. Two part question;

1) What college town did the B-52's emerge from?
2) What other band, even more successful, came from that town?

Athens, GA.
R.E.M.
 
Jubal_Harshaw said:
slyc_willie said:
I got #6 right too.

BTW: Tito and Tarantula also had parts in what other movies starring Atonio Bandaras?

Prince wrote and recorded Nothing Compares 2 U about three years before he gave it to Sinead. ;)

Regarding your Q: My first gut response is El Mariachi and Once Upon A Time In Mexico.
 
Back
Top