Scooby Doo Assistance?

I'll send you tickets. :heart:

I'll have to post clips - this is going to be so much fun.

Honestly, I'm just like a kid when we do shows. When one of the workers today said he thought we could spin the fireplace my eyes opened wide and I grinned. Everyone just said - "Oh, there she goes." :eek:

It is amazingly easy to fire up my students for these projects. Of course, once we take the stage I'll toss them the reins.

:)

Would you like to teach sixth grade in a couple of years, out here in California?
 
Ooh - I like the sound idea for scene/act endings.

Even though it's a play, not a musical, I can't quite do one of these things without adding music in spots.

And there are many CDs available of all sorts of Halloween type sounds effects.

:)

I'll start looking at once. We just got an entire new sound system and we will be geting new lighting. The kids are only 12 but we still manage to have fun on stage.
 
I'll send you tickets. :heart:

I'll have to post clips - this is going to be so much fun.

Honestly, I'm just like a kid when we do shows. When one of the workers today said he thought we could spin the fireplace my eyes opened wide and I grinned. Everyone just said - "Oh, there she goes." :eek:

It is amazingly easy to fire up my students for these projects. Of course, once we take the stage I'll toss them the reins.

:)

Ooh, that'd be awesome!

I have such fond memories of this sort of thing. My school had an excellent drama club as well (we were even nationally known for it) and I miss it terribly. I'd love to see some clips :)
 
This is something kids take with them forever.

As VM said, even 25 years from now they will have these memories. Other things fade, the day to day stuff disappears, but these sorts of things remain.

:rose:

That's so true.

There's nothing like feeling you're part of something special. Something that gets everyone fired up, that just seems full of brilliant ideas and that you can be so incredibly proud of as a student because one or two of these brilliant ideas just may be yours.

I know I'll always miss the atmosphere during dress rehearsal, or just before the first show starts. It was the one thing I had the hardest time leaving behind when I decided to be an exchange student.

I really hope I'll be able to give back to my students once I've got a permanent job up in Wisconsin.


I'm getting all giddy just thinking about it. :)
 
I hope you will, too! :)

For us - I can't wait to play around on the set!

Secret doors, hidden entrances, exciting things - we'll have more kids on special effects than I can remember.

:D
Sounds like it's going to be tremendous fun. :)

What play is it, if I may ask?
 
Sounds like a good time will be had by all.

I was thinking of a character sitting in a chair, and it being dragged backwards thru an open door, or something.

Also, the famous collapsing staircase, where everyone on the stairs slides down.
 
Oooh!

I think it would be too difficult for the collapsing staircase but I like the chair thing.

Hmmm. How to stage it . . .

:)

True about the stairs, but it would be cool.

The chair could be done with the chair legs in slots in the floor, attached to a platform that is pulled back along the slots. The rider would hold the chair, while sticking their legs out as they are pulled back.
 
The slots in the floor are tough. They'd have to be there the entire show.

I think perhaps we could do another spinning flat. An actor sits in the chair, then the set is flipped and they disappear.

It's a good idea!

:)

How about this:

The chair will be pulled from offstage. After it is removed, the stagehands can slide lubricated boards thru the slots, filling them. The audience will not even know how it was done.
 
Back
Top