Target…

Joined
Jul 19, 2026
Posts
38
I went to Target for toothpaste.

That’s the story I’m sticking with. 😉

Somehow toothpaste turned into wandering through women’s clothing with an armful of things I absolutely did not need.

Eventually I found a black dress.

Five minutes later I was standing in the fitting room staring at myself in the mirror.

The dress hugged everything it was supposed to hug. My legs looked amazing. The neckline showed just enough cleavage to make me tug it upward once.

Then I stopped.

I liked it exactly where it was.

I turned sideways.

Then around.

Then back again.

I should’ve changed.

Instead, I opened the fitting-room door.

There was a larger mirror outside, and naturally I needed to see the dress in better lighting.

At least, that was the excuse.

I stepped out.

That’s when I noticed him.

A man was sitting nearby waiting for his wife or girlfriend, scrolling through his phone.

Except he wasn’t looking at his phone anymore.

He was looking at me.

Our eyes met.

His immediately dropped back to his screen.

Interesting.

I turned toward the mirror and pretended I hadn’t noticed.

I smoothed the dress over my hips.

Turned sideways.

Looked over my shoulder at the back.

Then faced the mirror again.

His phone must have become terribly boring because when I glanced toward him, he was looking again.

Caught.

This time I smiled.

Just barely.

Then I disappeared behind my fitting-room door.

My heart was beating ridiculously fast.

Nothing had happened.

A stranger had looked at me.

That was it.

Except lately, that wasn’t quite enough anymore.

I looked at myself in the mirror.

Then at the curtain.

And had a thought I probably shouldn’t have had.

I wonder if he’s still looking.

So I tried on another dress.

This one was even more daring.

I stared at myself for a few seconds and laughed quietly.

There was absolutely no reason I needed to step outside again.

I already knew how it looked.

I already knew how it fit.

And I definitely didn’t need that mirror.

I opened the door anyway.

He looked up almost immediately.

There it was.


That little electric jolt.

This time I didn’t pretend not to notice.

I walked toward the mirror and took my time deciding what I thought about the dress.

I could feel his attention even when I wasn’t looking at him.

Then I heard a woman’s voice.

“Which one do you like?”

His wife had stepped out of another fitting room.

Suddenly she was standing only a few feet away from me, showing him her dress.

And there I was beside her, studying mine in the same mirror.

That should’ve killed the feeling instantly.

Instead, the forbidden little secret of it sent my pulse racing.

His wife was talking to him.

He was answering her.

Everything was completely ordinary.

Then our eyes met in the mirror.

Only for a second.

But this time he didn’t look away.

Neither did I.

I gave him the tiniest smile.

Then I went back into my fitting room and closed the door.

I leaned against it for a second, grinning at myself.

What the hell am I doing?

I knew exactly what I was doing.

I changed back into my clothes, gathered everything and walked out.

They were still there.

I passed them on my way toward the register.

I didn’t look at him.

Not once.

I didn’t need to.

Because something had finally clicked.

I hadn’t stepped outside because I needed to see the dress.

I hadn’t gone back out because I needed the bigger mirror.

I stepped outside because I wanted to see who else would look.

And somebody did. 😏🔥
 
Back
Top