The cat tales thread

They actually taste good to kitties. All the synthetic oils.

One of our cats, Smokey, (A.K.A. Crack Head) loves plastic bags. She is damned near orgasmic in her reaction to them. Hell she is as loving to them as our other cats are to whatever we put Catnip on.

Speaking of which, you don't want to see our cats on Catnip. Talk about a trip.

Cat
 
My two males are also enamored of plastic, but they prefer the clear,crinkly kind. They have been known to pull it out of the trash can and spend hours, or until I can't stand the noise anymore, chewing on cellophane.

They do the same thing with artificial flowers. They are particularly fond of Christmas ones. You know, the ones I had tucked away to glue onto presents.
 
I wonder what would happen if I opened the dove cage.

We're replacing this carpet anyway...

A guy I work with raises pigeons... racing pigeons.

No shit.

So a cat got into his pigeon cage the other day...

Happy cat. :cattail:

No more pigeons. :D
 
One of the things we brought back from my parents place is a collapsing cardboard box filled with very wet and slimy leather.

Not too long ago I heard a strange noise from out on the patio. When I looked here were the cats crawling through and rolling in the leather.

Now four of the five cats smell like wet and slimy leather.

Hmmmm, maybe I can find a way to bottle the scent and sell it as an After Shave. (It really doesn't smell bad. Better than most After Shaves.)

Cat
 
One of the things we brought back from my parents place is a collapsing cardboard box filled with very wet and slimy leather.

Not too long ago I heard a strange noise from out on the patio. When I looked here were the cats crawling through and rolling in the leather.

Now four of the five cats smell like wet and slimy leather.

Hmmmm, maybe I can find a way to bottle the scent and sell it as an After Shave. (It really doesn't smell bad. Better than most After Shaves.)

Cat

Mine came in smelling like garbage a few nights ago. He was SO proud of himself. (Even the dogs found him offensive) I promptly tossed him out and closed the doggie door. He managed to clean himself up and roll in the sweet smelling grass by morning.
 
One of the things we brought back from my parents place is a collapsing cardboard box filled with very wet and slimy leather.

Not too long ago I heard a strange noise from out on the patio. When I looked here were the cats crawling through and rolling in the leather.

Now four of the five cats smell like wet and slimy leather.

Hmmmm, maybe I can find a way to bottle the scent and sell it as an After Shave. (It really doesn't smell bad. Better than most After Shaves.)

Cat

Try English Leather? :rolleyes:

:D
 
Kitty misadventures last night.

Discovered tapeworm in one kitty, probably from the damn birds Chewie keeps bringing in. (No fleas in my house.)

*sigh*

Pilling six cats is a slice of heaven. And I do mean slice.

:rolleyes:
 
Kitty misadventures last night.

Discovered tapeworm in one kitty, probably from the damn birds Chewie keeps bringing in. (No fleas in my house.)

*sigh*

Pilling six cats is a slice of heaven. And I do mean slice.

:rolleyes:

My stepmom taught me the trick of putting butter on the pills to make them go down easier. The cats even like the butter! :D (of course, shoving pills down their throats doesn't make them too happy, but the butter is good. Always have to watch out if we've got butter on the counter)
 
My stepmom taught me the trick of putting butter on the pills to make them go down easier. The cats even like the butter! :D (of course, shoving pills down their throats doesn't make them too happy, but the butter is good. Always have to watch out if we've got butter on the counter)

Yeah, there's nothing like lick marks in the butter :rolleyes:
 
Well, the pills are enormous. Nearly the size of Tums.

And apparently they taste hideously awful.

I crushed and mixed them up with tuna and my group wouldn't eat 'em. :eek:

So - I added tuna juice, liquified, used an old hypodermic, hubby held 'em down and we squirted liquid into angry kitty mouths.

All better. I've monitored a couple of litter box visits and things seem good.

*sigh*
 
Well, the pills are enormous. Nearly the size of Tums.

And apparently they taste hideously awful.

I crushed and mixed them up with tuna and my group wouldn't eat 'em. :eek:

So - I added tuna juice, liquified, used an old hypodermic, hubby held 'em down and we squirted liquid into angry kitty mouths.

All better. I've monitored a couple of litter box visits and things seem good.

*sigh*


With our herd I have found that cutting pills and wrapping them in cooled, cooked Bacon works wonders.

Stuffing pills in Magi requires riding gear. He's like a Weed Wacker on Steroids when he's upset.

Cat
 
-chuckles- Well Pumpkin has decided now...that I am something comfy to lay against. Especially if I choose to lay down on the bed...next thing I know...I'll have furball curled up against my legs...
 
So I thought I'd start bumping some threads to get rid of all the political crap on the board and bring back some fun on our holiday!

I DO have a silly story.

As you know I have 2 dogs; huskies to be exact with cute, fluffy, curly tails. Thier tales bounce when they walk and wag like little flags. They're cute.

Well, my Tomcat must have been thinking the same thing. He was laying on the coffee table and one of the girls comes by all happy and waggie, as dogs often get.

He looked at the tail, he looked at the dog, then he looked at the tail again. None of us expected it; dog most especially. He pounced, clawed bit and pulled out a mouthful of hair from that happy, bouncy, waggie tail.

Of course it was bedlam. Husky screamed and snarled. Cat hissed and snarled. Mom went "Oh Shit" as everything on the coffee table went flying.

Now, after wiping up the water, cleaning up the chunks of fur, and re-arranging the coffee table, there is an uneasy peace. Cat looks at husky indignantly, as though it was his God-given right to be able to pounce and remove fur from the tail. Husky is equally offended that any creature would DARE attempt to touch her lovely tail and occasionally lookes at the cat as though he might attempt to do so again.

The other, wiser, husky is being rather smug about the whole thing. She learned long ago not to cross the cat, but she's giving him a wide berth today.

Anyway. Back to normal. Happy Labor Day folks.

Happy Birthday Starr.
 
So I thought I'd start bumping some threads to get rid of all the political crap on the board and bring back some fun on our holiday!

I DO have a silly story.

As you know I have 2 dogs; huskies to be exact with cute, fluffy, curly tails. Thier tales bounce when they walk and wag like little flags. They're cute.

Well, my Tomcat must have been thinking the same thing. He was laying on the coffee table and one of the girls comes by all happy and waggie, as dogs often get.

He looked at the tail, he looked at the dog, then he looked at the tail again. None of us expected it; dog most especially. He pounced, clawed bit and pulled out a mouthful of hair from that happy, bouncy, waggie tail.

Of course it was bedlam. Husky screamed and snarled. Cat hissed and snarled. Mom went "Oh Shit" as everything on the coffee table went flying.

Now, after wiping up the water, cleaning up the chunks of fur, and re-arranging the coffee table, there is an uneasy peace. Cat looks at husky indignantly, as though it was his God-given right to be able to pounce and remove fur from the tail. Husky is equally offended that any creature would DARE attempt to touch her lovely tail and occasionally lookes at the cat as though he might attempt to do so again.

The other, wiser, husky is being rather smug about the whole thing. She learned long ago not to cross the cat, but she's giving him a wide berth today.

Anyway. Back to normal. Happy Labor Day folks.

Happy Birthday Starr.

:D:D:D

My first cat was the terror of the neighborhood.

No dog would mess with her. She sauntered around, tail held high, fierce warrior to birds and bunnies and squirrels and moles and whatever else happened to cross her path.

I remember once when she was sunning herself on the porch a stray dog wandered into our yard. He started barking at her. She ran. He followed.

She zipped beneath the cars in the driveway. The dog was dumb enough to poke his head beneath to try to get at her.

After pulling back a bloody nose, he went away. She went back to sunning herself.

:D



And Puff went back to
 
:D:D:D

My first cat was the terror of the neighborhood.

No dog would mess with her. She sauntered around, tail held high, fierce warrior to birds and bunnies and squirrels and moles and whatever else happened to cross her path.

I remember once when she was sunning herself on the porch a stray dog wandered into our yard. He started barking at her. She ran. He followed.

She zipped beneath the cars in the driveway. The dog was dumb enough to poke his head beneath to try to get at her.

After pulling back a bloody nose, he went away. She went back to sunning herself.

:D

Sunshine = happy cat
:cattail:

electric blanket = happy cat when there is no sunshie
 
Sunshine = happy cat
:cattail:

electric blanket = happy cat when there is no sunshie

Yes!

I remember when this same cat discovered the electric blanket.

I had never seen her smile that hugely before.

:D
 
Yes!

I remember when this same cat discovered the electric blanket.

I had never seen her smile that hugely before.

:D

Now the real question is... when the sun hasn't shown in a few days, do you feel obligated to turn it on just for the cat?

I do. :eek:
God. I'm a bad mother. Bad Zoot! Bad!

This shouldn't be the Cat Tales thread, It should be the SPOILED CAT TALES THREAD!
 
Back
Top