The Impending Riots

I haven't been watching the convention. Have the riots started yet? Has Denver gone down in flames? :confused:
 
My view of revolution is that it is risk, yes. Whether or not it is a risk worth taking depends on how much one stands to lose and just how bad things currently are. There comes a point where things can't get much worse.

True, people get the government that they vote for....up to a point. They also get the government that they allow to continue existing. The present Federal Government has scrapped the Constitution. Personally, I don't give a damn about hegemony. That can be shared, with no great loss to America or Americans. I don't feel like bearing the burden of a Pax Americana on my shoulders. Not judging by what it did for Rome. I don't care to share it with a hostile nation like Red China, but that's another matter.

What is at issue are the principles of personal liberty, accountability, the rule of law, and federalism. All of which have been under assault by both left and right. The Orwellian Left and Right. What we need is for non-Orwellian leftists, rightists, and centrists to rise up and fight back against this monstrosity that masquerades as a republican government.

I prefer non-violent alternatives first. Let's save the violence for a last resort. Perhaps a new Constitutional Convention is in order...what do you say? Not one controlled by this lot in DC, of course. They would only use it to cement power. No, one controlled by fiscal conservatives, moderates, and moderate liberals who still believe in the basic ideals of this federal, Constitutional republic.

The GOP has had its chance to prove itself committed to smaller government. With few exceptions, it has been discredited. The Dems have long since abandoned the ideals of their founder, Thomas Jefferson. The Reform Party was a stillborn party. The Libertarians are okay on most issues, but weak on those connected to national sovereignty, such as trade and immigration.

Let's by-pass these parties and vote for a Convention Party....one which will push for a Constitutional Convention to truly address the role of Federal and state authority, as well as the ordinary issues of the day. We'll have to compromise, but we'll have a real dialogue at last and resolve a lot. After all, the present Constitution is the result of compromise at the last convention.

And, as revolutions go, this one will be more likely to do good than harm.
 
well, it's almost over. no riots i've heard of.

i guess the 'worst scum' have disappointed mr. box. i asked him for a source and didn't get one. worldnetdaily, i suppose? human events?
 
I just saw a clip of the Dennis Kucinich speech from tonight. I'm surprised he didn't start a riot in the convention hall, with people rushing the stage trying to drag him off. He was probably losing ten thousand votes per second. You think Howard Dean's yeehah was bad? It was nothing compared to what I saw tonight. I mean, I respect Dennis for speaking his mind, but dude, get a grip! You're on national TV, fer chrissakes. Middle America doesn't want to see Howdy Doody having a hissy fit.
 
I was mistaken

and I'm glad of it. :D

When I heard and read about crazies going to Denver, and I saw their banners and signs calling for a repeat of Chicago 1968, I was very concerned. Fortunately, nothing serious happened. I was wrong in my prediction, and I'm glad I was wrong. :D
 
and I'm glad of it. :D

When I heard and read about crazies going to Denver, and I saw their banners and signs calling for a repeat of Chicago 1968, I was very concerned. Fortunately, nothing serious happened. I was wrong in my prediction, and I'm glad I was wrong. :D

Me, too. Those were some bad memories.
 
My read on the 'Impending Riots' is that it was another put up job by The Ministry of Truth, I mean Fox News.

They sent a reporter into a group of protesters in a way guaranteed to elicit a negative reaction and filmed it.

Sad, but typical of them.
 
My read on the 'Impending Riots' is that it was another put up job by The Ministry of Truth, I mean Fox News.

They sent a reporter into a group of protesters in a way guaranteed to elicit a negative reaction and filmed it.

Sad, but typical of them.

Are you saying that Fox News bussed in a bunch of people in costume and handed them signs saying things like "Repeat 1968" etc.? :confused:
 
No, I'm saying that the reporter walked into the crowd with a chip on his shoulder and people acted the way people do in that situation.

Did you notice his language? "Thugs." "Red and black masks coming out." (Didn't see any of those.) "Do you believe in freedom of speech?" as if 'freedom of speech' meant you have to talk to a reporter.

Personally I think the protesters are fools and acted like it. It wasn't even close to a riot. I only saw two cops, on bicycles, in that clip and boy, did they look frightened. ;)

The Ministry Of Truth, I mean Fox News, didn't set out to report the news in this case. They set out to create it. Really fucking lousy journalism.
 
No, I'm saying that the reporter walked into the crowd with a chip on his shoulder and people acted the way people do in that situation.

Did you notice his language? "Thugs." "Red and black masks coming out." (Didn't see any of those.) "Do you believe in freedom of speech?" as if 'freedom of speech' meant you have to talk to a reporter.

Personally I think the protesters are fools and acted like it. It wasn't even close to a riot. I only saw two cops, on bicycles, in that clip and boy, did they look frightened. ;)

The Ministry Of Truth, I mean Fox News, didn't set out to report the news in this case. They set out to create it. Really fucking lousy journalism.

I saw a different film clip, and I agree that Ward Churchill had every right to refuse to be interviewed. This has nothing to do with freedom of speech or the press; it has everything to do with freedom to be left alone. Sometimes reporters can be as bad as the papparazzi (sp),

Saying "chip on his shoulder" might be a bit strong, but the reporter did act as if he were something special. He did get pushed around a bit but nothing serious. There were a few people with bandanas partially covering their faces. You could probably call those masks, since they do conceal the identity.

I saw a lot more than two cops in other clips, but that would be expected at a major event such as a political convention. I also saw many persons in costume, including masks, of all colors.

All in all, I'm glad there was no major problem and no violence or destruction.
 
Last edited:
I saw a different film clip, and I agree that Ward Churchill had every right to refuse to be interviewed. This has nothing to do with freedom of speech or the press; it has everything to do with freedom to be left alone. Sometimes reporters can be as bad as the papparazzi (sp),

Saying "chip on his shoulder" might be a bit strong, but the reporter did act as if he were something special. He did get pushed around a bit but nothing serious. There were a few people with bandanas partially covering their faces. You could probably call those masks, since they do conceal the identity.

I saw a lot more than two cops in other clips, but that would be expected at a major event such as a political convention. I also saw many persons in costume, including masks, of all colors.

All in all, I'm glad there was no major problem and no violence or destruction.
So am I. :)
 
Back
Top