The Open Source Sexuality Project

I knew that this was a great place to bring strange ideas :). Yes it would never really work in real life, other than in a very specific context, and with set rules and screened participants. I think it was a flawed execution of an unattainable idea, but the idea itself intriques me.
This misunderstanding keeps coming up; the execution was not flawed; It worked fine at the con!

Ferret's reportage was so fucking flawed however.... :rolleyes: And he still doesn't get it. Still.
That struck me Stella, as you so often find the heart of a good idea and where ti goes awry. I think the idea of men just pestering and asking is atrocious, and shows such "men" to be in fact little boys with no grasp of the interchange . Its that selfish that "if he gets to why not me?" that strikes at a man's ego. I agree The Ferret is an ass, and if he were any kind of methodical thinker, a better project test bed could have been developed. I think he fixated too much on boobs (hence my focus more on the sexuality) and less on teh dynamics and social interplay that was being tested.
Yeah, what he didn't make clear in his post, was that the boobs were something of a symbol for the social dynamic. because, honestly, most women (me, anyway) have limited sensitivity there-- except for the nipple (and ONLY when she's responsive, which varies) the rest of the breast is more skin, as sensitive as any other place-- but not any more so. On the other hand, I know damn well how wonderful that particular area of skin feels under the hand... I love titties!

wait a minute, I've gotten off the track. :devil:

I did know it was sexual assault awareness month, and I keep looking for an Atlanta event of "Walk a mile in there shoes" so that I can be a part. I'd have to call some drag queens to help get shoes that fit, but I think it would be a worthy cause.

There's just somethgin unshakeable about social networking, sexuality and technology here that gnaws at the back of my head. Curse my twsited brain.

ETA: And yes TX Rad, I was thinking of somethign along the same lines, of a badge or card or indicator that showed higher and lower areas of compatibility. Between RFID tags and some matrix designs, you would still ahve to get close enough to talk to the person for the tags to work, and the idea of "No means no stop asking" would have to be drilled into participants and enforced ruthlessly, but somethign in my head makes me wonder "waht if".
Well, there's the thing. AS these women are saying, you can't drill it into the heads of every male. And the ones who refuse to learn it-- are going to remain sucessful.

You can drill and enforce in a closed group, but everyone in that group will bring in the attitudes and prejudices that they have acquired in general society, and there wiull be gun-shy women-- and some gun-shy men, I am sure.

But there is a group that already does the sexual code-- gay men, and the leather crowd really do use bandannas to signal their preferences to each other.

Well of course. The mystery leaves the woman totally in control.
Except, of course, those women who get forced, coerced, or raped as a man attempts to find his way through the mystery...

"women in control" only works for women who are dealing with nice guys.
 
Last edited:
Why thank-you. I will infer that means you adjudge me to be a "nice guy" and since that's what I've always tried to be my entire fumbling, inept life, I must have succeeded. :)
 
From what i know of you-- the assumptions that you seem to make... :rose:

MOre on the OSBP;
Synedochic posts in her livejournal about sex-positive versus getting-laid-positive
This woman is brilliant in many many directions. Friend her-- you'll be glad you did!

I started reading the link but it's too long for now. I'll finish it this evening. I must admit that I LOL. I'm no great fan of Faire but my son and his SO are. Another of my best friends in the past was heavy into SCA. I went twice and found them them most pathetic set of losers on the planet. However, I personally can identify with synectochic, big time. Touchy feely, open about sexuality, theoretically polyamorous but practicing monogamist, the whole card. Not perhaps the safest set of attitudes for an elementary school teacher but I manage quite well. I'll definitely have to look her up on the net. If we ever manage to put together LitWest, she and her partner need an invite. You and hubby, too, of course.
Thanx,
 
Take this idea,give it a sexual theme and you have my idea.

http://www.boingboing.net/2008/07/18/rfid-badges-at-hope.html


I just need to get the HOPE guys to Arse Erotika.
A low tech version of this was in place one year at the yearly Stockholm Erotica Fair. There were color-coded bracelets based on different kinks that people could wear. And while many people didn't want to wear their freakiness on their sleeves, many others did, and there were a whole lot of complete strangers who met in the aisles, chatting wildley, exchainging numbers, directing each other to interresting booths they found, or simply sharing a wink and a smile as they passed by.

RFID? We don't need no stinkin' RFID
 
A low tech version of this was in place one year at the yearly Stockholm Erotica Fair. There were color-coded bracelets based on different kinks that people could wear. And while many people didn't want to wear their freakiness on their sleeves, many others did, and there were a whole lot of complete strangers who met in the aisles, chatting wildley, exchainging numbers, directing each other to interresting booths they found, or simply sharing a wink and a smile as they passed by.

RFID? We don't need no stinkin' RFID

I love the idea, but the geek in me has to over complicate it to outrageous extremes. RFID and bracelets and websites and wifi and badges with flashing led readouts and mmmmmmmmm :homer drool: booooooooobs
 
Back
Top