Thread discussion OOC

Looks awesome Knight. I love a good bad guy. :D


I'm still here people! Just haven't been able to post, am busy. The thread will go on - just give me a bit. Post as you please if your characters want to mingle.

I'll continue the story in a day or so.
 
i'll have another post up if all this snpow dont knock out my internet
 
And once again I am completely unaware of an OoC thread until the last minute. I didn't even know that "rogue" was considered a race; what about cyclops or beasts, are they available? Ooh, perhaps I should've played as a wolverine! So, anyway...

Character Info
Name: Den Bloodsoul
Race: Human
Gender: Female
Class: Ranger
Alignment: True Neutral; she has no strong desire towards good or evil, law or chaos. She has lived only be her own insticts, and has looked out for no one save herself. In the wilderness it is kill or be killed; there is no such thing as "innocent."
Age: 19
Hair: Gold; cut short and slicked back, save for two long, thick "attenae-like" strands potruding from the front of her hairline
Eyes: Crimson, appearing more like a that of a cat's than a human's
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 132 lb.? I'm terrible at determining this, and no way am I going to guess her measurements based on my poor artwork. I'd say her figure is a nice blend of curves and muscle, albeit a little top heavy, perhaps.
Background: For most of her youth, Den has known nothing but the wilderness. From the wild animals to horrendous weather, she has managed to survive one way or another, never hesitating to slay any beast that would have otherwise had her for its next meal. It hadn't always been so, for she had been raised on a humble farm like so many others, learning how to tend to the animals and the crops, learning the art of the hunt and being taught to understand and respect nature's awesome beauty so that she might sample its bounty. Her family's farm, however, was not free from the wild creatures that found their livestock to be easy pickings, and one fateful night brought her face to face with her end.
http://www.rjmwhittaker.com/indent.gifFor months the wolf attacks had been growing in number, and her family's ability to protect themselves had been waning with each terrifying moment. Finally an assault came that was so great they could do nothing but retreat to their shelter, but with fear seizing her young heart Den barred the door before anyone else could make it safely inside.. and she was forced to hear the cries of her own as they were slaughtered like helpless sheep. Knowing that she had betrayed her kin and that their blood lay on her hands as if she herself had killed them, Den then promised herself never to love again, to never have to worry about any soul save her own so that she would never have to feel such pain and guilt.
http://www.rjmwhittaker.com/indent.gifWhen peace had finally quelled the chaos, Den took up her father's bow and sword which she could not yet wield and ran from the farmstead as fast as she could, remembering all that she had been taught and hardening her heart with the hatred she felt not only for the wild but for herself, using that as her strength as she gradually toughened herself with her new life. As the years passed she became skilled with any weapon she could come across, as well as familiarizing herself with the woods to such a degree that she could pass untraced through them and hide herself amidst the trees and bush, sniping any who might due her harm. Were she to engage in melee her might had become considerable enough that she could wield her blade with tremendous force, cutting down the common man with one devastating swing.
http://www.rjmwhittaker.com/indent.gifYet a single question remained; for what reason was she still living? Her years of experience in the wood had allowed her to make a name for herself as not only a skilled warrior, but as a tracker and hunter, finding prized game and netting herself a small fortune which she quickly spent on the best equipment she could find. Even the sword of her father's was replaced when its time came, obtaining in its stead a blade she was told could end the life of even the legendary fey. If the memories of her kin no longer held a place in her shattered heart, if she could not fight for the love they once gave her than all that was left was utter emptyness, existing for the sake of existing, feeding her restless spirit. She knew that deep inside it was no way to live, however.. but what else was there for one whom had no need for love?

(Ugh, remind me never to write such drivel so early in the morning after being plagued with a day-long migraine; I probably would've gone with my D&D nymph character if I didn't think she'd be overpowered for this setting.)

Further Info: Den's Pathfinder Statistics.
Also contains an unfinished (and poorly made) drawing of her (all that's really left is adding some light and shadow to her). A Strength score of 18 is enough for her to lift 300 lb. over her head, and based on the rules for d20 Modern plus her Diehard feat, not only will taking a max damage, critical hit shotgun blast to the stomach not kill her, but she'd be "healthy" enough to walk away and sleep it off (granted, it'd take atleast a week for her to make a full recovery, but it atleast shows just how damn durable a low-level D&D/Pathfinder character can be).

(If anything about the page doesn't show up correctly, please contact me; I built my forum from scratch using a ...for Dummies book and I haven't fully perfected my understanding of PHP/SQL yet. Also, I really need to redo the atrocious layout.)
 
Peculiar; I've got the link to work in FireFox (while logged in to the forum), as well as in Internet Explorer and Chrome (both cases I am logged off). I'll admit I've yet to test them out in Opera or Safari (since I haven't downloaded those yet).

(It would appear that I do need to touch up the "post preview" bit)
 
The only link I thought there was is the one leading to the character sheet. That one worked just fine for me. If there are others, I didn't see anything. I'm using Firefox too.
 
Wait wait wait wait wait... wait.. do you mean to tell me that of all the "links" not working, it's the .gif file? That's.. bizarre. The .gif isn't even supposed to be a link, just an image file (to be specific, a transparent image that I use to indent my paragraphs, hence why viewing the image itself sports a white screen).

It's certainly odd, but not a big deal; as long as the character sheet shows up, I'm happy.
 
Back
Top