Too fat to be executed

Given this persons health problems and knowing that he was on Death Row, why did the prison administration permit him to gain so much weight?

He prolly porked up on purpose to buy some more time. ;)
 
Given this persons health problems and knowing that he was on Death Row, why did the prison administration permit him to gain so much weight?

He prolly porked up on purpose to buy some more time. ;)
Or to make it more difficult to dispose of his corpse.

And hanging may not be that humane for the same reason the guillotine isn't that humane. It takes a while for the brain to affected by hypoxia. You've got about thirty seconds to sit there looking at the world unable to move anything but your mouth and your eyes.

As I said a 9mm is quicker.

Also don't place too much weight on DNA evidence. In one story I've been working on for years the bad guys hired a high end hooker to seduce the protagonist, insisted that he wore a condom. When he was asleep she took the condom to the bad guys. Then they murdered another woman and placed his semen in her.

And killed the hooker, sunk her in a river, so she wouldn't blab. A very well prepared, smart murderer will often get away with it.
 
No, just like any animal I'm going to eat, the death should be quick. That's why I tend towards hanging. I'm also fully in favor of making DNA testing mandatory before conviction.

Hmmmm bolt through the brain like we do with steers then?
 
I would never say that. Obviously, you care about scumbag rapists/murderers/ torturers like Cooey.

Sure. You've pegged me. :rolleyes:

(I care about the possibility that innocent people will die for crimes they haven't committed, but that possibility never occurs to you, I'm sure, because you're one of those fools who believes our justice system actually works.)
 
Sure. You've pegged me. :rolleyes:

(I care about the possibility that innocent people will die for crimes they haven't committed, but that possibility never occurs to you, I'm sure, because you're one of those fools who believes our justice system actually works.)

I think it works a lot better than most people give it credit for. I care very strongly about the possibility that innocent people might be convicted. I believe in the police and prosecutors putting every effort into finding the true guilty parties. Once they have done so, then lock them up or hang them.

I also think that juries should be more strongly instructed that the prosecution must prove guilt beyond reasonable doubt. Sometimes I think that is forgotten. :(
 
What's with the site tonight? Jesus. Nothing worth the time to post.
 
for this story: the murderer's name is richard cooey.

http://www.rightpundits.com/?p=1832

i wonder if some posters believe that that more a killer tortures his victions, the more he himself should be tortured, before execution.

Over 20 years of (apparently) good food, 24/7 companionship/guards, free legal counsel, free medical care and presciptions, free dental and the "Cops" show is always playing on the big screen tv in the rec room.

We all pay for it, as one of those who pays for it I have the right to voice an opinion and state I believe its slightly better than the 3 and 1/2 hours he tortured his victims.

And yea, I thought when discussing a killer, the people he killed and how should be taken into account. Not for how he should be treated or how any sentence should be given or carried how, but because I believe the lives he ended had some importance.

As the original poster of this thread and if you were asking me a question, no, I don't think he should be tortured, and no, I don't think he has been.


:rose:
 
Amsterdam Dreams

Over 20 years of (apparently) good food, 24/7 companionship/guards, free legal counsel, free medical care and presciptions, free dental and the "Cops" show is always playing on the big screen tv in the rec room.

We all pay for it, as one of those who pays for it I have the right to voice an opinion and state I believe its slightly better than the 3 and 1/2 hours he tortured his victims.

And yea, I thought when discussing a killer, the people he killed and how should be taken into account. Not for how he should be treated or how any sentence should be given or carried how, but because I believe the lives he ended had some importance.

As the original poster of this thread and if you were asking me a question, no, I don't think he should be tortured, and no, I don't think he has been.


:rose:

Lisa,

While being among that "group" right here on AH that does not believe in Capital Punishment (not to say I do not believe in punishing certain leaders in D.C. on a routine basis), I do have sympathy for your desire to remember just who the victims here are.

And while I think there are any number of profound reasons to not impose the Death Penalty, including the ones raised by Cloudy above, being overweight does not make my top 100 reasons, or even pass the "smile" test.

I think it is absurd.

I am not even immune to an argument for "revenge", which I think you are clearly espousing. There are times when it seems not unreasonable to me... 9/11 comes to mind.

But in no way or manner will the killing of this sick fuck (presumably) bring back his victims or even ease the pain of the ones they left behind. And that is just the simple truth of it.

It only further diminishes the sensibility that the intentional taking of human life is wrong.

In the words of John Prine in his anti-war ballad "Your flag decal won't get you into heaven anymore":

"Jesus don't like killin', no matter what the reasons for..."

:rose:

-KC
 
Last edited:
Lisa,

While being among that "group" right here on AH that does not believe in Capital Punishment (not to say I do not believe in punishing certain leaders in D.C. on a routine basis), I do have sympathy for your desire to remember just who the victims here are.

And while I think there are any number of profound reasons to not impose the Death Penalty, including the ones raised by Cloudy above, being overweight does not make my top 100 reasons, or even pass the "smile" test.

I think it is absurd.

I am not even immune to an argument for "revenge", which I think you are clearly espousing. There are times when it seems not unreasonable to me... 9/11 comes to mind.

But in no way or manner will the killing of this sick fuck (presumably) bring back his victims or even ease the pain of the ones they left behind. And that is just the simple truth of it.

It only further diminishes the sensibility that the intentional taking of human life is wrong.

In the words of John Prine in his anti-war ballad "Your flag decal won't get you into heaven anymore":

"Jesus don't like killin', no matter what the reasons for..."

:rose:

-KC

Occasionally I read an intelligent post which makes me think.

I thought I was hiding my "revenge" and not even admitting it to myself. I still feel the victims should never be forgotten and all too often are.

But you did phrase a post which I have thought much about, and will think more about, mainly about my own smallness, after I go throw up and wash my hands.

Good points, good post, thanks for your opinion.

:rose:
 
KEEBLER?

Will you kill to save your life?

LISA

The philosophy of executions is simple. Society acts as the champion of the dead victim. If someone attacks me society ordains my right to defend myself. But the victim of murder in the first degree is usually an innocent oblivious of their impending doom. So society acts for them, and by acting protects itself from more harm.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Amsterdam Dreams

Occasionally I read an intelligent post which makes me think.

I thought I was hiding my "revenge" and not even admitting it to myself. I still feel the victims should never be forgotten and all too often are.

But you did phrase a post which I have thought much about, and will think more about, mainly about my own smallness, after I go throw up and wash my hands.

Good points, good post, thanks for your opinion.

:rose:

And rarely am I humbled by graciousness here..... to make up for it let me just
say.....

"Fancy a fuck?"

:devil:

-KC
 
Amsterdam Dreams

KEEBLER?

Will you kill to save your life?

I think I need to light another one and kick that around the commune for awhile.....

Okay.... the "nods" have it.... No, wait! Zoot thought we were talking about how good the shit was....

I will have to get back to you on that.....

:rolleyes:
-KC
 
We need to be more enviornmentally friendly with executions.

This is why I propose having the criminals up for exectution be used as chum for shark research.
 
We need to be more enviornmentally friendly with executions.

This is why I propose having the criminals up for exectution be used as chum for shark research.

We will first have to slash them in several places, so they will bleed. Otherwise, the sharks may not be interested. This way, we can say: "The sharks did it; we didn't." :cool:
 
huh

KEEBLER?

Will you kill to save your life?

LISA

The philosophy of executions is simple. Society acts as the champion of the dead victim. If someone attacks me society ordains my right to defend myself. But the victim of murder in the first degree is usually an innocent oblivious of their impending doom. So society acts for them, and by acting protects itself from more harm.


This philosophy is pretty silly and illogical. The action, supposing it is *after* the victims death, but is on behalf of the dead victim, is tit for tat, i.e., revenge. It's got nothing to do with the victim's right to defend himself.

What an absurd scenario. Are you saying, alternatively, that "society" imagines the victim just about to die, and takes action, what the victim would have done, to kill the attacker? How exactly do they know the victim's action? The victim's "right" to defend is not an undertaking to kill.

Society's right of self protection is no arguement either since in 99% of cases the murderer could be sequestered as long as he's a danger, or until he dies.
 
Last edited:
KEEBLER?

Will you kill to save your life?

LISA

The philosophy of executions is simple. Society acts as the champion of the dead victim. If someone attacks me society ordains my right to defend myself. But the victim of murder in the first degree is usually an innocent oblivious of their impending doom. So society acts for them, and by acting protects itself from more harm.


This philosophy is pretty silly and illogical. The action, supposing it is *after* the victims death, but is on behalf of the dead victim, is tit for tat, i.e., revenge. It's got nothing to do with the victim's right to defend himself.

What an absurd scenario. Are you saying, alternatively, that "society" imagines the victim just about to die, and takes action, what the victim would have done, to kill the attacker? How exactly do they know the victim's action? The victim's "right" to defend is not an undertaking to kill.

Society's right of self protection is no arguement either since in 99% of cases the murderer could be sequestered as long as he's a danger, or until he dies.

So long as the prison is sufficiently grim that the remaining portion of the murderer's life is boring, endless misery, go for it! If he gets television or internet access, fuggedaboudit!
 
KEEBLER?

Will you kill to save your life?

LISA

The philosophy of executions is simple. Society acts as the champion of the dead victim. If someone attacks me society ordains my right to defend myself. But the victim of murder in the first degree is usually an innocent oblivious of their impending doom. So society acts for them, and by acting protects itself from more harm.


This philosophy is pretty silly and illogical. The action, supposing it is *after* the victims death, but is on behalf of the dead victim, is tit for tat, i.e., revenge. It's got nothing to do with the victim's right to defend himself.

What an absurd scenario. Are you saying, alternatively, that "society" imagines the victim just about to die, and takes action, what the victim would have done, to kill the attacker? How exactly do they know the victim's action? The victim's "right" to defend is not an undertaking to kill.

Society's right of self protection is no arguement either since in 99% of cases the murderer could be sequestered as long as he's a danger, or until he dies.

If a rabid dog is roaming the street, society has a duty to itself to kill it. This may not be a matter of revenge, but it is a matter of self defense. Nobody wants mad dogs attacking people.

In India, when a tiger was kinown by villagers to be a maneater, they did what they could to kill it. It was not a matter of taking revenge against the tiger, it was self protection.

Richard Cooey is a mad dog, as was Ted Bundy and John Gacy and many others, and he needs killing.
 
Lisa,

While being among that "group" right here on AH that does not believe in Capital Punishment (not to say I do not believe in punishing certain leaders in D.C. on a routine basis), I do have sympathy for your desire to remember just who the victims here are.

And while I think there are any number of profound reasons to not impose the Death Penalty, including the ones raised by Cloudy above, being overweight does not make my top 100 reasons, or even pass the "smile" test.

I think it is absurd.

I am not even immune to an argument for "revenge", which I think you are clearly espousing. There are times when it seems not unreasonable to me... 9/11 comes to mind.

But in no way or manner will the killing of this sick fuck (presumably) bring back his victims or even ease the pain of the ones they left behind. And that is just the simple truth of it.

It only further diminishes the sensibility that the intentional taking of human life is wrong.

In the words of John Prine in his anti-war ballad "Your flag decal won't get you into heaven anymore":

"Jesus don't like killin', no matter what the reasons for..."

:rose:

-KC

I don't know about Jesus, but I do know that in the Old Testament, God killed people by the thusands, at least. And, sometimes he had others do the killing for him, such as the Jews invading the land of the Philistines and killing them, or David killing those who God designated as enemies.
 
Whether or not capital punishment is right matters not a jot in this case.

The point is whether a legal sentence should be carried out or not due to obesity. *shrug* It's two months till the date it is supposed to be carried out. Put him on a crash diet.
 
it's odd that the simple ways

have so little appeal to the advocates of c p.

it's quite easy to dispatch mr. cooey. first have him eat some anti nausea pills. then have him eat some mashed potatoes with about 50 seconal capsules in them.

i don't suppose that would satisfy box; he wants a bit more fun and drama in killing the "mad dog."
 
But is it humane to do that when he has a headache?

Seriously sweetie, I couldn't believe how long I had to search to find out who he killed, and how, its like ..................... they are no longer important.

:rose:

That is one of the issues with the whole legal system anywhere in the "western world".

It seems that once a crime is committed, and the perpetrator is caught, they get more rights than the victim, or family of the victim.

I have a friend whose son was senselessly beaten around the head with a tire iron. Total random act of violence, no provocation, anything. An off duty cop saw it and stopped the perpetrator.

So the perpetrator lawyers up and comes up with some arsehole defense with means the case is dragged through the courts.

Victim now has to have time off work for the injuries he sustained, time off work for the appearances in court, the hassle of fucking around with the whole system while the perpetrator is out on "bail" and able to hang out with his mates who no doubt put him upto the initial dare anyway.

Fucked up or what. And would have been even worse had the cop not been there.

:Fuming
Kiwi
 
Back
Top