Welcome to October!

Angeline

Poet Chick
Joined
Mar 11, 2002
Posts
27,826
Happy October 1st poets, lurkers and other visitors to this far-flung corner of Literotica. How's everyone doing? Happy, inspired? Dragging like a wounded wildebeest toward the finish line of the 2026 Poem A Week thread? Ok that last bit is me.

I'm feeling energized because I adore autumn and that gets me thinking about 2027. Yes it's speeding our way (just look at the stores: candy cane extravaganzas are cheek by jowl with the spooky stuff explosions). So it's time to make poetry wish lists or resolutions (I'm mixing ALL the metaphors today lol) for the new year.

Yes there will be a Poem-A-Week challenge. How could there not be? Do it every week, every day if you want, or show up when your muse cooperates: the thread will be there for you. I'm also considering an ongoing writing prompt thread, where I--or anyone else who is moved to do so-- suggests poetry prompts. I'd like to do a prompt a week myself but you of course do you and post whenever. It'd be nice to have prompts to help with inspiration for the poem-a-week thread although you don't have to use them if you have your own ideas. Whaddaya think? 🙂

Any other poetical suggestions for the new year? Anything new that interests you? Please share your ideas!

Thank you all for your contributions thus far. You make this forum a place I want to be, even after all these years. I'm looking forward to another year of learning, writing and growing together. 🌹
 
Back
Top