What do you fear?

SeaCat said:
Okay this is something I have been thinking about for some time. I kep seeing comments on different threads that I feel can only be inspired by that persons fears.

So what are your fears? What scares the living crap out of you? What makes you head or that hidey hole with a quick stop at the hooch cabinet?

For me it is the idea of being dishonored by my actions.

Cat

Seeing one of my children in extreme pain or having them abducted.
 
jomar said:
Yes. I've always thought denial to be underrated as a defense mechanism.

Actually, I wasn't talking about denial. Denial is when you refuse to acknowledge something that is real, whereas fears are usually imagined things.

A quote from Remo Williams has been running through my head since I saw this thread, "Fear is just a feeling. You feel hot. You feel hungry. You feel angry. You feel afraid. Fear can never kill you."
 
It is a huge responsibility we face, to turn around and face ourselves. I fear we'll drop the ball.
 
SeaCat said:
So what are your fears? What scares the living crap out of you? What makes you head or that hidey hole with a quick stop at the hooch cabinet?
Cat
Leaving this earth before my son can make it on his own.
 
Just about everything...

Life in general scares the living shit out of me.
 
I'm afraid of heights when the fall would seriously injure but not kill me. If the fall will kill me I'm oddly ok with it.

I'm also afraid of being honest.

I'm afraid of being trapped within my own mind. Like being in a coma freaks the hell out of me.
 
My worst fear was already realized. Not sure I really have one anymore, except for the little day-to-day twinges of anxiety here and there.

Might have to think on this.
 
I held my mom's hand when I was 16 and said "I love you". I dunno if she heard it 'coz she was dead.

When I was 20, I stroked my dad's hair and kissed his forehead and said "I love you" but then again, he had passed away.

Now at 23, I don't want the person I love, not hear those 3 little words when I say them before I or she leaves me alone.
 
only_more_so said:
Actually, I wasn't talking about denial. Denial is when you refuse to acknowledge something that is real, whereas fears are usually imagined things.

I understand what you mean. I was using it more broadly, as in we drive around in our cars all day and don't worry much about someone crossing the lane and hitting us head on. I know there's an element of mutual trust there, but...
 
Losing family. That includes his parents. Yes, this also includes the raving idiot (my sister) and utter fuckwit (my dad) because they *are* family, and I do love them, even if I'm not sure they love me.

His illness. It scares the living shit out of me because so little is known about it - we don't even know what's normal.

My illness. I just.. don't think about it as much as I used to because I know it would consume me if I did.
 
I fear leaving this world suddenly.

My brother had less than 3 months from diagnosis to death. He only had about six weeks from initial headache to total debilitation.

His son and daughter were very young and were left devastated. His widow of 7 years? The same.

There were so many things left undone.

That's what I fear.
 
I fear hearing those words I've been forced to say, twice now, come from my loved one's mouth -- I am at peace with myself and I am ready to say goodbye. I love you. -- and never hear them again.
 
SeaCat said:
Okay this is something I have been thinking about for some time. I kep seeing comments on different threads that I feel can only be inspired by that persons fears.

So what are your fears? What scares the living crap out of you? What makes you head or that hidey hole with a quick stop at the hooch cabinet?

For me it is the idea of being dishonored by my actions.

Cat

Drowning...being burned...or people in masks (not Dr.s masks) ski masks, leather masks and such that covers the whole face.:eek: :eek:
 
As stupid as it sounds, monkeys. I never used to be afraid of monkeys, but within the past few years (maybe 4) I have developed a real fear of monkeys. I don't even like to look at pictures of monkeys.
 
I don't fear growing old, but I don't want to be old and bereft of certain joys.
 
slyc_willie said:
My worst fear was already realized. Not sure I really have one anymore, except for the little day-to-day twinges of anxiety here and there.

Might have to think on this.


:heart:
 
Back
Top