When you were 18 .....

When I was 18 (1986) we were either wearing excessive amounts of bandanas all over our bodies – or going heavily ‘goth’ (us rockers referred to them as ‘skivies’. No idea how we came up w/that. But it sure does sound good!). It was all about concerts, booze, chicks in spandex – and having a GOOD time! Oh – and hair. It was all about the hair. We weren’t very interested in ‘achieving’, but we were happy as clams and saw no real reason to ‘hate’ people. There was a good sense of ‘camaraderie’.

Seems to me, that all changed in the 90’s. Somehow there was all this angst…… seemingly brought on by singular disinterest in America and those running the show. Then everyone tapped into that and said ‘Yeah, hey I didn’t realize it, but I’m REALLY pissed off as well, damnitt! Let’s rage!!
NO ONE had any ANSWERS on ‘how to fix it’. They just wanted to rage against it. And along the way – America got seriously dissected, pronged and basically divided into a bunch of individuals going ‘Fuck you. I don’t care. You’re all screwed’. And looking for someone to slander. (Personally, I felt that came from a lack of anything visible to adhere to - as much as disgust with those ‘running the show’).

If there’s ANYthing unquestionably ‘good’ about this recent attack. It’s that America glued right back together. We suddenly remember – ‘the point’! We now have something to adhere to. Something visible to bring us together.

I for one was watching us crumble, and was very concerned about everyone’s apparent apathy and disinterest in anything other than themselves. In fact, people seemed to be thrilled with ABUSING themselves. Physically, mentally, sexually, what have you… Eventually, that may have led to complete self-destruction of the country itself.

Let’s try to keep it in perspective this time for a bit longer, eh?

“……. and that’s all I have to say about that.” (Gump)
 
Harbinger said:


Dang, crap, I meant to type that you had always seemed so young to show such experience. :eek:

Besides, I'm still older than you. :p

;)



:p
 
Back
Top