who reads comics?

Girlz on a Hot Summer Night...

And Crumb all the Way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:
 
KillerMuffin said:
Pitt would kick the Hulk's ass.

Fuckin A!!

Demian said:
And Crumb all the Way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

Now that's some great stuff. The man had one twisted and interesting style.

Myst said:
pffft.... I'm all about FreeFall.

Same here. But I'd rather not choose favorites. All three of them at once would be hot. Lost count of how many erotic stories out there depict the girls as atleast being bi-sexual. Hey, not that I'm complaining.

Anybody here seen the animated movie that got cancelled from being released? Got a recorded copy last year. It's pretty good, but could of been a hell of a lot better. Plus, Rainmaker only has two cameo spots and there's no Burnout other then in background scenes.

Ask For More said:
I read lots of manga when I can get my hands on it....

Dude, manga sucks. ;)

As for myself, have been buying comics for as long as I can remember. Actualy helped me learn how to read because of the little books. Must have thousands in my collection. Don't buy much, if any, Marvel these days. DC, Image, and the Independent circuit is where I get most of my stuff.

It's times like this that I miss some comic series like Preacher and Major Bummer. And the Ninja Turtle comics from Mirage and Archie were pretty good too. They actualy had a story to them and it wasn't just robots that were killed off as it went on. Transformers from Marvel was pretty cool too, now that I think about it.

About anything from Alan Moore I'll check out when it reaches the stands. Spawns quality went down a bit, but I'll still pick up an issue here and there when I can. Savage Dragon, Cerberus, Hitman, some of the Star Wars titles, most Frank Miller books, and even though it's not as good as the show, The Simpsons from Bongo Comics has its moments.

Could go on forever, but this gives ya an idea of what titles I'm interested in myself. :)
 
Lessee... currently, I collect JLA, Superman titles, Wonder Woman, Fantastic Four, most of the main X-titles, The Authority, and (of course) Knights of the Dinner Table!!!

Like my alter-ego, SpectreT, I am an avid comic reader, having reduced my load of purchases only because of being out of work while I'm back in school. I learned to read (~2-3yo) from comics, and never recovered. ;)
 
I read Strangers in Paradise (for those of you looking for a great comic, that one is it!), The Vampire Dahlia, and Catwoman (well, I'm going to be reading the new Catwoman again, I just added it to my pull). I've also been guilty of picking up the occasional adult Avatar comic....they have great storylines in there! (and here you just thought I was reading it for the sex ;) )
 
I was brought up on the Silver Surfer.
Far more of an existentialist hero than anything Sartre or Camus dreamt up.
Still have a large collection of them boxed away ... somewhere.
 
I like to read comics and some of my favorite comics were the ones in the X-Men world where they did the alternitive universe and Apoclypse ruled the world and Magneto lead the X-Men.
 
Oldies but goodies...

If you haven't already, you should check these out...

Watchmen by Alan Moore
The Dark Knight Returns by Frank Miller
Marvels by Kurt Busiek & Alex Ross

If you're a long-time collector, you've probably already read them. If not, then you should.

Actually, you should check out pretty much anything that these guys have done. They're the best of the best, in my opinion.
 
Back
Top