Writing to popularity

It’s interesting reading through this thread, because so many people talk about “writing for themselves,” but the way people present their choices, justify their genres, and explain their motivations is shaped by the fact that they’re saying it in front of other authors on a commercial porn forum.

Popularity isn’t just about story topics. It’s also about how writers curate their own personas when they think they’re only talking about craft.

Sometimes the interesting part of a discussion isn’t what people say they’re writing for. It’s what they reveal while explaining why they write it. 📝
 
My first Lit story was a very tropey 5k incest short, that I kind of hacked out to get my foot in the door, but people liked it so I have written a few more, and I'm enjoying it. They're all things I genuinely like, lots of mum/son, mum/daughter type stuff.

I have a feeling that combining all my kinks will turn off people that like only one or two of them, but it's my stuff so screw it!

It sometimes annoys me that I'm reading an incest story and then it has sissification in it, or bisexual male, or Dad joining in. We all have our turn offs.
 
Back
Top