🎵 Monthly Song Challenge 🎵

✨One. Song. Per. Day.✨
This is pretty much the only rule, so I’ll ask that you please follow it, or risk public ridicule.
Day 19: A song for a hot summer day

A beautiful song...

...and an equally amazing cover
Reasonably strict “one song” rule here. A cover counts as a different song. But, don’t worry, you get off with a warning since you’re new-ish and I wasn’t around enforcing the rules last month 😜

Day 20: A song for a rainy day

AWOLNATION!! I'M PRETTY SURE HE WRITES HIS LYRICS IN ALL CAPS, ALL THE TIME!!! FOR SOME REASON THIS ALTERNATE VIDEO MADE BY A COUPLE OF FANS BECAME MORE POPULAR THAN THE ORIGINAL, AND BECAUSE OF THAT I'VE ALWAYS ASSOCIATED THIS ONE WITH RAIN, WATER, AUTUMN!!!!

1721466410017.png

R.E.M. - I'll Take The Rain
Another tough one, so many rain songs (think i once did a 3hr internet show with only rain songs) and it depends if it is a passing shower, heavy rain, summer, winter... anyway. r.e.m. do VERY good rain songs and here's one. "i used to think, as birds take wing they sing through life, so why can't we?"

AWOLNATION!! I'M PRETTY SURE HE WRITES HIS LYRICS IN ALL CAPS, ALL THE TIME!!! FOR SOME REASON THIS ALTERNATE VIDEO MADE BY A COUPLE OF FANS BECAME MORE POPULAR THAN THE ORIGINAL, AND BECAUSE OF THAT I'VE ALWAYS ASSOCIATED THIS ONE WITH RAIN, WATER, AUTUMN!!!!

View attachment 2367380

0f8c791c-8149-4751-9b1c-a1b32dc85971_text.gif

I was talking to my brother about this song challenge and I said I was trying to pick an instrumental song, (he loves instrumental music) so I asked if he had any songs that reminded him of rain (I didn't cheat keep reading). He mentioned several artists who I don't know, I kind of zoned out tbh, and then it came to me... Trigun: The First Donuts!!!!!! This anime almost broke me. The soundtrack is really great too.

The drums remind me of rain on a tin roof. It is fast paced, so it reminds me of a heavy downpour.

Knives - Tsuneo Imahori

R.E.M. - I'll Take The Rain
Another tough one, so many rain songs (think i once did a 3hr internet show with only rain songs) and it depends if it is a passing shower, heavy rain, summer, winter... anyway. r.e.m. do VERY good rain songs and here's one. "i used to think, as birds take wing they sing through life, so why can't we?"
Is it me, or does anyone else think the video thumbnail (with a conveniently placed YouTube logo) looks like cartoon boobs?

Back