🎵 Monthly Song Challenge 🎵

It's the French equivalent of seeing life through rose tinted glasses; the optimism of being in love...
Nice 😊 I wonder what that's like 🤔
tenor.gif

Day 21: A song from the 60s (and flowers).
60s day is always the hardest for me. I have a few personal rules I play by here because I like to challenge myself in the ...Challenge. One rule is I have to like the song (unless the prompt says otherwise). And I do not really like 60s music. I never resonates with me. But the 60s poems do, and Dylan was arguably the poet of his generation. And Baez, who loved him and introduced him to the world, covered a lot of his songs for him. She was the much larger name at the time, so it was a favor to him. Considering they fell apart because he wasn't as driven for her causes makes this song much more interesting. She wanted to change the world --he wanted to write about it and how it affected him.

Also, flowers:
You say you're lookin' for someone
To pick you up each time you fall
To gather flowers constantly
And to come each time you call
A lover for your life and nothing more

But it ain't me, babe
"It Ain't Me, Babe," Joan Baez

Day 21: A song from the 60s

Can you listen to this song and not want to dance cheek to cheek with someone? Smokey's voice is a gift. I consider this a doo-wop but it is r&b pop  or sweet soul. No flowers, but that's alright. I tend to choose a Motown song for the 60s. Love it.

Mistakes, I know I've made a few
But I'm only human
You've made mistakes too

I'm cryin'

Ooo Baby, Baby - The Miracles 1965

Back