🎵 Monthly Song Challenge 🎵

Day 19: A song from the 70s

Driving from Maine to home yesterday and we drove thru Boston on route 128. And it reminded me of the lyrics to this song:

I'm in love with modern moonlight
128 when it's dark outside
I'm in love with Massachusetts
I'm in love with the radio on
It helps me from being alone late at night
Helps me from being lonely late at night
I don't feel so bad now in the car
Don't feel so alone, got the radio on
Like the roadrunner
That's right

Modern Lovers - Roadrunner
I love that their YouTube icon is the Boston citgo sign! Thanks for introducing me to this one

Day 16 - Song released this year
So much cool stuff around this year. I'm gonna choose Beach Bunny because her voice peps me right up and who doesn't need jangly guitar pop in their Monday? OH YES YOU DO.

Vertigo
Added to playlist!
Day 18: A song from the 60s

Big Brother & The Holding Company, Janis Joplin - Piece of My Heart​

This is one of my favorites!
In the spirit of the 60’s counter culture movement, I have this to say about your “rules “:

giphy.gif

V!!! Hush! Do you want a spanking? 🫢 but yes...
It was my song choice for the 70s! It's not against the rules to mention a song I've just posted, is it? Though I wouldn't mind a spanking...

It was the first Bond theme in Rock n' roll and I think it's absolutely sublime! I'm afraid I'm going to have to revoke your license to spank for crimes against McCartnanity.

Day 20 - A song from the 80's

Carrying on my little self-imposed Bond-challenge... The 80s were some of the best James Bond movies, but unfortunately some of the worst theme songs! Unlike @lavendersilk it is not my favorite decade, not by a longshot 😅

But! There's an exception, thankfully. Much love to

Duran Duran - A View to a Kill
DAAANCE! 🎶
INTO THE FIRE!

Don’t listen to @lavendersilk this is much better theme than the movie deserved. And by my very well supported theory that the best Bond movie is the one you seen when you’re between 11-14 because that’s the target intellectual age, this is one of the best.

Day 20: A song from the 80s

A one hit wonder from my youth. The also rans with RHCP and Fishbone. I dug this song. I was very deep. And I didn’t even smoke.

Day 19: A song from the 70's

Ya know what? I think I'm going to take this week and make it all Bond-themes. My favorite one per decade!

The 70's era was fantastic; it was so incredibly camp! My favorite film from then is Moonraker, hard to say no to Jaws' love-story subplot, but my favorite theme would be Live and Let Die.

Paul McCartney & Wings - Live and Let Die (screw Axl's version)

I don't know how I missed this! I'm going to shut up because I'm sure people have had enough of silly Bond songs. 😘

Day 16: A song that was released this year
This girl is badass. She plays all the instruments for her recordings (guitar, drums, synth, bass, and vocals!)

Definitely worth a listen.

Hannah Geller - You Thought

Back