🎡 Monthly Song Challenge 🎡

Day 24 - 70s
Keyword bones
I can feel it in my bones - earth, wind & fire
I'm not versed in the music of the 60s/70s so I've been searching keywords and choose a song I like enough to go on one of my playlists

Day 24: A song from the 70s +2

Another witch coming right up, a witch regnant no less 😍

Redbone - The Witch Queen of New Orleans

And I'm using my bonus song from Indigenous Peoples' Day cos this technically wouldn't qualify for a point but I need to share it anyway.

Koko Taylor - Voodoo Woman

Day 24 - 70s

the #1 song to close out the 1970s and the #1 song on the day of my birth in 1979...🍹

Day 24: A song from the 70s

In the 2010's reality shows were everywhere. In the 70's, it was variety shows. The scourge of television. They were everywhere, and they seemed to give one to anyone. Sure, you had The Sony and Cher show (which put the pair in the cultural conciseness for generations) and The Muppet Show (which was a fucking brilliant parody and embracing of the concept), but you also had NBC giving the hosting duties to Pink Lady, a Japanese disco duo with one top 40 hit who did not speak English. I felt so sorry for the two of them.

Amidst that, you had Jim Stafford, an American singer, musician, songwriter, and comedian, who got a summer spot with The Jim Stafford Show. He, at least, had enough experience and charisma to carry the host duties. He was mostly a country and western performer with a tendency to the quirky, almost novelty. I don't remember much of the show, but I do remember this song. It was his first charted single. Most variety shows would have done elaborate sketches around this song, with costumes and bad special effects. What struck me was it was just Jim and his guitar, letting the story to its own work. And a lovely story it is, how no good deed goes unpunished.

"Swamp Witch," Jim Stafford (1974).

+1 for witch, for a total of 2

Day 23: A song from the 70s

I thought about leaving this space empty for once but that looks wrong.

Lorem ipsum....

Dire Straits - Setting Me Up

Point for "Bone"! Total 2 ☺️

Back