13 Days of Scary Movies 2024! 🎃👻🕸🕷🔪🩸👽💀🤖⛪️🪓😱🦇

Day 6: A scary movie that is a remake

The original is a classic and the better of the two but this one isn’t bad. I think this was the first film I saw Vince Vaughn in and then he did comedies.

Psycho (1998)

Now it gets a lot of slagging off because it's a shot for shot remake.
But the director did that because it had never been done before & he was testing himself against Hitchcock's talent.

It's fascinating to me.

Day 6: A scary movie that is a remake

The original is a classic and the better of the two but this one isn’t bad. I think this was the first film I saw Vince Vaughn in and then he did comedies.

Psycho (1998)

I love Gus Van Sant, always have, and I appreciate his choices to try something else even when I don't particularly like them. This falls into that category. Though, I have great appreciation that Gus was able to get major studio financing on what was really a film school experiment project.

This is my favorite Will Smith film.
I hate the ending. I love the alternate ending that the test audiences hated. But this is why I love physical media, though I wish they had a version of the film where they kept the original last act. It changes so much, and fits so much better into the novel and the title.

Day 7: A scary movie that you laughed at.
This is one of my personal favorites from Craven. It’s got some things to say but coats them in a level of absurdity than always makes me laugh. McGill and Robie should always play a couple. ALWAYS.

Never heard of or seen this movie...Why did I think she was about to say, she's been feeding that thing between her legs again? 😭 Not sure what this says about me and my brain and I'm not sure I want to know 🤣

Day 7: A scary movie that you laughed at.
This is one of my personal favorites from Craven. It’s got some things to say but coats them in a level of absurdity than always makes me laugh. McGill and Robie should always play a couple. ALWAYS.

I remember watching this as a kid and haven’t seen it in a loooong time, but it always seems to pop into my head every year.

Day 25: A scary movie that you laughed at
I'm not sure if horror/comedy was what was intended (maybe it was), but Dan Stevens (whom I love) had the absolute laugh-out-loud worst fake American accent I've ever heard. Brits are usually pretty good at nailing our accents. I have no idea what he was going for but it didn't work.
abigail movie poster.jpg

Day 25: A scary movie that you laughed at
I'm not sure if horror/comedy was what was intended (maybe it was), but Dan Stevens (whom I love) had the absolute laugh-out-loud worst fake American accent I've ever heard. Brits are usually pretty good at nailing our accents. I have no idea what he was going for but it didn't work.
Did you ever watch the TV show "Legion"? He did a good job on there. It's bizarre how he can nail it on tv and screw it up in a movie. I need to watch this now.

Did you ever watch the TV show "Legion"? He did a good job on there. It's bizarre how he can nail it on tv and screw it up in a movie. I need to watch this now.
Maybe he was going for a specific regional dialect? Because I've heard him do other accents before, and he's usually spot on. But this just missed the mark. Unless he was doing it intentionally.

Back