13 Days of Scary Movies 2024! 🎃👻🕸🕷🔪🩸👽💀🤖⛪️🪓😱🦇

Day 6: A scary movie that is a remake.

Cape Fear, 1991

When attorney Sam Bowden (Nick Nolte) knowingly withholds evidence that would acquit violent sex offender Max Cady (Robert De Niro) of rape charges, Max spends 14 years in prison. But after Max's release, knowing about Sam's deceit, he devotes his life to stalking and destroying the Bowden family. When practical attempts to stop Max fail, Sam realizes that he must act outside the law to protect his wife and daughter in Martin Scorsese's remake of the classic 1962 thriller.

I have seen the remake several times, I may have to search for the original.

Cape Fear, 1991

When attorney Sam Bowden (Nick Nolte) knowingly withholds evidence that would acquit violent sex offender Max Cady (Robert De Niro) of rape charges, Max spends 14 years in prison. But after Max's release, knowing about Sam's deceit, he devotes his life to stalking and destroying the Bowden family. When practical attempts to stop Max fail, Sam realizes that he must act outside the law to protect his wife and daughter in Martin Scorsese's remake of the classic 1962 thriller.

I have seen the remake several times, I may have to search for the original.

"Counselor!"

The Fly (1986)

Other than The Thing, The Fly stands as the quintessential remake done right. Fantastic movie and Jeff Goldblum delivers a great performance. Nobody can rattle off sci-fi jargon fast and make it sound believable like he can. The use of practical effects holds up even today.

Day 6: A scary movie that is a remake

This was a tough one. I’m trying to stick to movies I’ve seen and, ideally, liked. This one I did somewhat see, at my friend Ali’s house. There were a bunch of people over and everyone else wanted to watch it. I was the odd man out. I don’t think I paid much attention- really not my jam. If I recall, I was using Ali’s computer and flirting on AIM for a good portion of it. Shocking, right? 😜

717F101A-F2EA-42ED-998D-D9773974A787-20021-000003B21A6B5FA7.jpeg

I want to remind everyone what is on the first page...

View attachment 2413876

If you live in the United States, midnight EST is fine even if you live on the West Coast but posting at 10 pm EST is not.
So does that mean people in Europe get to pick all the good movies first before it’s midnight EST in North America? 🥺

I want to remind everyone what is on the first page...

View attachment 2413876

If you live in the United States, midnight EST is fine even if you live on the West Coast but posting at 10 pm EST is not.

I may start posting in the morning instead.
I'm sorry, Miss Purple. In my defense, you were out on a date, so I was left unsupervised. Also, I was very tired, so it felt like midnight.

It won't happen again. But I will submit to any (spanking) punishment you feel is necessary.

Last edited:

Let Me In is an American remake of the Swedish masterpiece, Låt Den Rätte Komma In.

It has a really brave take on the story, attacking it from a different point of view. Gone is the subtlety of the acting and replaced with over stated dramatics, gone is the eeriness of the music and the setting and the wide camera angles. Instead of empty and lonely, Let Me In feels panicky and almost claustrophobic. Gone is the focus on children who feel like they're left on the sidelines of life, the otherness, and instead there are knives! Slasher! Blood! Wham wham.

Let Me In is an American remake. It really is. 😂

91bDwlNmRUL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Let Me In is an American remake of the Swedish masterpiece, Låt Den Rätte Komma In.

It has a really brave take on the story, attacking it from a different point of view. Gone is the subtlety of the acting and replaced with over stated dramatics, gone is the eeriness of the music and the setting and the wide camera angles. Instead of empty and lonely, Let Me In feels panicky and almost claustrophobic. Gone is the focus on children who feel like they're left on the sidelines of life, the otherness, and instead there are knives! Slasher! Blood! Wham wham.

You had me worried there for a moment....

That's always been my take as well. It's very clearly an American remake, not just in language but in execution. It's less moody and subtle.

This was a tough one. I’m trying to stick to movies I’ve seen and, ideally, liked. This one I did somewhat see, at my friend Ali’s house. There were a bunch of people over and everyone else wanted to watch it. I was the odd man out. I don’t think I paid much attention- really not my jam. If I recall, I was using Ali’s computer and flirting on AIM for a good portion of it. Shocking, right? 😜

View attachment 2413883
I like horror more than you but I’ve resisted watching either of these too. Not much in it for me. AIM flirting is way cuter.

Fright Night 🥵 When I found out Colin Farrell was playing a vampire, I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. When I found out David Tennant was playing the vampire hunter and he'd have his real accent, I almost did die but I definitely wouldn't have gone to heaven.

And here's the trailer, if a shirtless David in leather pants didn't do it for you.

Fright Night 🥵 When I found out Colin Farrell was playing a vampire, I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. When I found out David Tennant was playing the vampire hunter and he'd have his real accent, I almost did die but I definitely wouldn't have gone to heaven.

And here's the trailer, if a shirtless David in leather pants didn't do it for you.
I didn't even know about this movie until today. I just watched the original last year.

Back