13 Days of Scary Movies 2024! 🎃👻🕸🕷🔪🩸👽💀🤖⛪️🪓😱🦇

Day 8 : a movie with a demon (not a ghost) in it
A film full of angels, falling and otherwise, Christopher Walken as Gabriel is king. For most of the movie. It is a wonderful role for him, and he owns the film.

Well, until this...

Viggo Mortensen as Lucifer. It is a wonderfully understated take on the character, charming and frightening in turns, and the best take on him ever, in my opinion, never humble. You have appreciate a good war between angels. Lucifer never wrestled away the thrones of heaven, but Mortensen wrestles the movie from Walken.

The Prophecy (1995)

A film full of angels, falling and otherwise, Christopher Walken as Gabriel is king. For most of the movie. It is a wonderful role for him, and he owns the film.

Well, until this...

Viggo Mortensen as Lucifer. It is a wonderfully understated take on the character, charming and frightening in turns, and the best take on him ever, in my opinion, never humble. You have appreciate a good war between angels. Lucifer never wrestled away the thrones of heaven, but Mortensen wrestles the movie from Walken.

The Prophecy (1995)
Oooo! I hope this is streaming.

Day 8: A scary movie with a demon (not a ghost) in it

Jason and the Argonauts
THOSE SKELETONS!
I went to a screening of this a few years back that included a Q&A with Ray Harryhausen and he had some of his "creations". They had a camera on them so people could see them clearly on the big screen He opened a coffin shaped one and it was one of THOSE and the entire audience jumped back in their seats and gasped.
If that's not a demon, not sure what is.

Day 8: A scary movie with a demon in it

Night Watch
Fantastic story with a "well that happed" ending.
Piles of demons, possessions, and the first fallen angel at the end!
Was supposed to be a trilogy of movies, we got Day Watch but the director left Russia in favour of making "Wanted" 🙄

On a side note my favorite demonic reveal is He Never Died. Until it happened, I would never have expected the last twist...

Last edited:

The Gate (1987)

Kids left home alone accidentally unleash a horde of malevolent demons from a mysterious hole in their suburban backyard.
I thought Stephen Dorff was so hot and was crushing on him hard, despite the stupidity of releasing demons. Boys are dumb.

IMG_7277.jpeg

I’m really digging here. I googled movies that have demons in them and I haven’t seen 99% of them 🤣. This one, I saw in theaters! I did sleep through almost all of it though. I was super stoned and I remember every time the screen would flash with a loud noise I’d wake up and then doze right back off. Soooo… I guess I didn’t really see it. But I was there!

IMG_0571.jpeg

Day 8 : a movie with a demon (not a ghost) in it.

Ouija

Screenshot_20241026_122512_Google.jpg

I got one of these as a Christmas gift as a teenager. One day I went to the store and came home with some Doritos. I left them in the kitchen and walked through to the front of the house, through two closed doors, mind you. My brother and his friend were playing with it. Asked where it was, and it said in the kitchen. Okay, not so bad, right? But, they asked what it was doing there, "eating doritos".

Eff that! I got out of there and got rid of that thing. 😲

I’m really digging here. I googled movies that have demons in them and I haven’t seen 99% of them 🤣. This one, I saw in theaters! I did sleep through almost all of it though. I was super stoned and I remember every time the screen would flash with a loud noise I’d wake up and then doze right back off. Soooo… I guess I didn’t really see it. But I was there!

View attachment 2415144
I watched this for the first time with my daughter when she was too young . It was so boring up until it was utterly and totally horrifying.

There are reasons she is the way she is. And I regret few of them. 🤣

The Gate (1987)

Kids left home alone accidentally unleash a horde of malevolent demons from a mysterious hole in their suburban backyard.
I thought Stephen Dorff was so hot and was crushing on him hard, despite the stupidity of releasing demons. Boys are dumb.

View attachment 2415111
This is one of my comfort schlock movies!

Back