13 Days of Scary Movies 2024! 🎃👻🕸🕷🔪🩸👽💀🤖⛪️🪓😱🦇

Day 7: A scary movie that you laughed at.

I didn't see this until a few years ago, and couldn't get past how the wife reminded me of the Popeye cartoon and Olive Oyl. It was hard to take the movie seriously, especially the scene on the stairway.

THE SHINING

View attachment 2414730
You might look into how she was treated making the film. Kubrick is a nightmare.

My brother and I were teenagers and we both laughed so hard watching Needful Things at the theater that a couple complained about us.

I didn't see this until a few years ago, and couldn't get past how the wife reminded me of the Popeye cartoon and Olive Oyl. It was hard to take the movie seriously, especially the scene on the stairway.

THE SHINING

View attachment 2414730
I seem to remember she was tormented on the set to make her character more believable or something. I think making this movie really messed her up.

THE SHINING

View attachment 2414730
She played Olive Oyl in the Popeye Movie with Robin Williams.

I love Killer Klowns so much that I wrote them into one of my short stories here on Lit!
It's a film of complete and utter madness. Perfection. From the start of Movie Night:

"That. Was. Amazing!"
"Popcorn guns!?"
"Carnivorous balloon dogs!"
The shitty flick has us laughing 'til our bellies ache.
"There's a sequel! Look!" She holds up her phone; the reviews are even worse!

Killer Klowns From Outer Space(imdb)

e6734338044695cd371ba740a860355e3a64b8bd357b78c3897e81c607b1ebd9._SX1080_FMjpg_.jpg
This movie is such a massive goofy mess, and they knew exactly what they were doing. I love it.

I love Killer Klowns so much that I wrote them into one of my short stories here on Lit!
It's a film of complete and utter madness. Perfection. From the start of Movie Night:

"That. Was. Amazing!"
"Popcorn guns!?"
"Carnivorous balloon dogs!"
The shitty flick has us laughing 'til our bellies ache.
"There's a sequel! Look!" She holds up her phone; the reviews are even worse!

Killer Klowns From Outer Space(imdb)

e6734338044695cd371ba740a860355e3a64b8bd357b78c3897e81c607b1ebd9._SX1080_FMjpg_.jpg
This is probably my favorite clown movie of all time. (Sorry Pennywise.) I have fond memories of watching this when I was younger with my dad and brother. (Mom wasn't into killer clowns.)

Day 8: A scary movie with a demon (not a ghost) in it.

One of my favorite movies of all time. I can watch Billy Zane chew scenery for ever.

You know, amongst other things.

It’s a goddamn travesty this series isn’t streaming

Tales From the Crypt: Demon Knight

Back