13 Days of Scary Movies 2024! πŸŽƒπŸ‘»πŸ•ΈπŸ•·πŸ”ͺπŸ©ΈπŸ‘½πŸ’€πŸ€–β›ͺ️πŸͺ“πŸ˜±πŸ¦‡

Day 9: a scary movie with an alien in it

A relief mission to a mystery. A rescue ship dispatched to investigate the surprise return of a starship with an experimental faster than light drive by jumping dimensions. And the discovery that it came back sentient and alien, and it wants to go back, but not alone.

The first cut was so violent and disturbing that test audiences left during the screening. Too much for the studio, who forced Anderson to cut it down. There are a terrible 13-second long vision that was originally longer and far worse. There was talk of a director's cut but the excised film was not stored correctly. Even with out that it is an odd, disturbing, and very scary film.

Event Horizon, (1997)

As much as I love this film, and it did cross my mind for todays prompt, I have to make an OBJECTION: There are no aliens in this film. The ship is able to travel between dimensions; it took a quick pit-stop in Hell itself, and came back... wrong. Demons, maybe, but there are no aliens :p

View attachment 2415740

Bad Taste - Peter Jackson 1987

Made for a pittance with practical special effects that will make you puke - lead to Lord of The Rings.
And it took 4 years to shoot! Barry had to keep that scraggly beard for 4 years to preserve continuity πŸ˜‚

As much as I love this film, and it did cross my mind for todays prompt, I have to make an OBJECTION: There are no aliens in this film. The ship is able to travel between dimensions; it took a quick pit-stop in Hell itself, and came back... wrong. Demons, maybe, but there are no aliens :p
The ship jumped to another dimension, came back sentient and malevolent. Seems the very definition of "alien." Nothing supernatural required.

There weren't little aliens, but it was all alien.

The ship jumped to another dimension, came back sentient and malevolent. Seems the very definition of "alien." Nothing supernatural required.

mmmmmmmmmmmh.... As someone who regularly bends the rules of MLAS's song thread, I can't argue with you.

But, fuck me, do I want to 😹

Are you saying space itself is a multitude of dimensions? Also, I thought they were in hell or purgatory.

Are you saying space itself is a multitude of dimensions? Also, I thought they were in hell or purgatory.
The drive creates a singularity, more or less a black hole, to tear a hole in our reality to move through another dimension which has different time/space laws in order to move instantaneously from one place to another, coming out light years away. Effectively folding space. At least that was the idea. It seems the first part worked, it was the "coming out" part where things went...weird.

Back