13 Days of Scary Movies 2024! 🎃👻🕸🕷🔪🩸👽💀🤖⛪️🪓😱🦇

Day 9: A scary movie with an alien in it

The War Of The Worlds (1953 version)
There's a lot of "reds under the bed" style in the films of the 50's, or maybe i am reading too much into those films now, but there was always something "attacking" small town America and then the whole country.
The story is the scary part really... the Jeff Wayne album is very creepy. The story is also scary as it takes place near where i live, not far from London (there is a Martian sculpture in Woking, near Horsell Common). The book probably started the whole Alien genre, we're not alone and those out there want to kill us (oh, the psychological ideas behind that one!). Anyway... the chances of anything coming from Mar are a million to one

Day 9: A scary movie with an alien in it.

I cannot overstate what a beautiful and horrific film Annihilation is. Alex Garland is one of my favorite writers/directors, with things like Dredd, Ex Machina, and Devs under his belt, yet this one tops them all. A visual marvel, an assault on the senses, it's a twisted work of art that makes you want to hide behind a pillow while also being unable to look away from the cinematography.

10/10.

annihilation__movie_poster__by_audeonx_de48tuk-fullview.jpg

Day 9: A scary movie with an alien in it

This isn’t categorized as a scary movie, but it sure gave me the heebie jeebies when I first saw it!
Yeah, I know I’m a wimp, what can I say? I don’t like bugs!

Men In Black

- What on earth was that?
- Sugar.
- I've never seen sugar do that...
-
Give me. Sugar....in water. More. MORE!

Vincent D'Onofrio is a god damn treasure :love:

Day 9: a scary movie with an alien in it

A relief mission to a mystery. A rescue ship dispatched to investigate the surprise return of a starship with an experimental faster than light drive by jumping dimensions. And the discovery that it came back sentient and alien, and it wants to go back, but not alone.

The first cut was so violent and disturbing that test audiences left during the screening. Too much for the studio, who forced Anderson to cut it down. There are a terrible 13-second long vision that was originally longer and far worse. There was talk of a director's cut but the excised film was not stored correctly. Even with out that it is an odd, disturbing, and very scary film.

Event Horizon, (1997)

Last edited:
Day 9: a scary movie with an alien in it

A relief mission to a mystery. A rescue ship dispatched to investigate the surprise return of a starship with an experimental faster than light drive by jumping dimensions. And the discovery that it came back sentient and alien, and it wants to go back, but not alone.

The first cut was so violent and disturbing that test audiences left during the screening. Too much for the studio, who forced Anderson to cut it down. There are a terrible 13-second long vision that was originally longer and far worse. There was talk of a director's cut but the excised film was not stored correctly. Even with out that it is an odd, disturbing, and very scary film.

Event Horizon, (1997)

I think this is the worst sci-fi movie of all time. 😆 (I probably haven't seen enough sci-fi movies to substantiate that claim...) But there is a fine line between love and hate.

Back