13 Days of Scary Movies 2024! ๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿ‘ป๐Ÿ•ธ๐Ÿ•ท๐Ÿ”ช๐Ÿฉธ๐Ÿ‘ฝ๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿค–โ›ช๏ธ๐Ÿช“๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿฆ‡

Day 5: A scary movie starring an Oscar winner:

Rosemaryโ€™s Baby (1968)

Ruth Gordon won best actress in a supporting role in this. While itโ€™s a movie that seems quaint by modern standards, itโ€™s still very disturbing and has a perfect โ€œslow burnโ€ to it.
I love this movie. Watched it since I was a kid, whenever it was on. Such a "cozy" horror film. I just chose not to watch it any more.

Day 5: A scary movie starring an Oscar winner:

Denzel, John Goodman, Elias Koteas. This movie is unfairly forgotten

I love this movie. It keeps you guessing, and the twist is perfect. Denzel Washington is a phenomenal actor and commands the screen in everything heโ€™s in. The other actors are great in this too. John Goodman โ€œDiCaprioโ€™edโ€ with his performance in this movie along with The Big Lebowski that released the same year.

I've completely missed this thread!! Been a bit of a stranger to the forum the past few weeks. Wonderful idea Lav ๐Ÿ’•

Catching up!

Day 1: The very first scary movie you ever saw.
I think it was Thinner. Not the greatest ever Stephen King adaptation, but the book's fantastic. Was incredibly scary for lil' pre-teen V.

Day 2: A movie with a ghost (not a demon) in it.
Thir13en Ghosts was a sensation when it came out. A ghost movie, but also a slasher and body horror? The SFX were incredible back then, but it hasn't aged very well at all ๐Ÿ˜‚

Day 3: A scary movie that was based on a novel.
Doctor Sleep is one of those once-in-a-blue-moon Stephen King adaptations that actually out-Shinesโ„ข the novel!

Day 4: A scary movie with an animal.
Cujo is in the opposite camp of Doctor Sleep ๐Ÿ˜…

Day 5: A scary movie starring an Oscar winner.
The Exorcist!
Ellen Burstyn is an oscar winner, and Max von Sydow is a multiple nominee. The film's a god damned masterpiece.

Back