Age and Dominance

I think it has a lot more to do with personal maturity than age

But for a lot of reasons, people tend to draw arbitrary age lines in this lifestyle. However most seem willing to make exceptions.

I was in a chatroom once with a number of female subs who were saying they would never go near a Dom under 30 (I was 29 at the time). I expressed my discontent with this and several who knew me responded "Oh, we didn't mean YOU James!" (not bragging on myself, just pointing out one instance I've seen)

By the same token I've seen a group of subs say they wouldn't go near a guy no matter HOW old he got 'cause he was an immature prick :D

I've been with 19 year old subs & 50 year old subs and found value in both :D

MissTaken said:
How many subs are or wish to be involved with an older Dom/me?

When I was a sub, my Mistress was much older than me, and it didn't matter to me at all. I did meet a Dom who was about my age before I met her, but the feeling wasn't there.

It wasn't about age though, but more of a feeling of maturity. I've known a Dom for several years whom, when we first met ( I think he was 28 at the time) had more maturity than many of the men I knew.

And no, I don't think that maturity comes with age. I have a brother older than me whom I'm not sure will ever mature.

All my subs are younger.

And I have to turn down the 21+ ones cause they are just babies to me.

I do not want a sub that young. YMMV.

Re: Re: Age and Dominance

WynEternal said:
It wasn't about age though, but more of a feeling of maturity. I've known a Dom for several years whom, when we first met ( I think he was 28 at the time) had more maturity than many of the men I knew.

Anyone I know? :confused:

GEEEZ

At 53 I didn't realize that I was "over the domly hill" until I read this thread. Go easy on us old timers.

Re: GEEEZ

Ricckk said:
At 53 I didn't realize that I was "over the domly hill" until I read this thread. Go easy on us old timers.

You are not over the domly hill. Why don't you consider yourself aged to perfection.

I must say I do have a thirst for older subs. And yes I have been and we continue to see older subs. The age issue may be an issue at first but I've found it small compared to others such as body shame. I think we are all to hung up on the shell on the outside. I don't take your bodies submission I take your minds. I am attracted to what a sub gives me mentally. That my explain my track record but have been with subs closer to own age as well. It was just that I saw something in each ones personality that made me want them.

snoozebutton said:
I must say I do have a thirst for older subs. And yes I have been and we continue to see older subs. The age issue may be an issue at first but I've found it small compared to others such as body shame. I think we are all to hung up on the shell on the outside. I don't take your bodies submission I take your minds. I am attracted to what a sub gives me mentally. That my explain my track record but have been with subs closer to own age as well. It was just that I saw something in each ones personality that made me want them.

SB, I feel quite certain that your track record reflects many of your strengths and qualities.

Never said:
After reading this thread, I have learned that dom/me’s under the age of 27 must be incredibly frustrated. Originally posted by Marquis
Yes, we are.

not all of us are... my g/f and i have had very few problems...

Ricckk said:

Hey, I am 52, and I am not "over the domly hill", in fact, I can't keep up with the demand. Speak for yourself, old timer, lol.

Eb

Ricckk said:

I just found this thread today
I now feel older then I did before reading it
and I can remember when God created Eve

Well, I haven't quite hit the subbie hill yet, but knows that there's certain things that do come with age. I'm hoping to receive those lessons graciously when they come.

Re: Re: GEEEZ

Desdemona said:
You are not over the domly hill. Why don't you consider yourself aged to perfection.

I second that remark!

Late 40's and into the fifties is a nice age for me.

You all and can make your own choices, but I am drawn to men 10 to 20 years older than I am and always have been.

:cathappy: A warm fuzzy for all those sexy older men and women, of course!

(EB is my fantasy Domme if either of us ever went bi!) :eek:

S*

Nice to know that Old and Venerable's like me have some attraction to the lovely lil ones of the world.
Age and experience do count, in my opinion at least. Having been in the Lifestyle, in and out of the closet-since the advent of home pc's and the Net (wish I'd had it when I was lots younger), it's nice to know we Older Dominant Gentlemen are appreciated. *chuckling*

Re: Re: GEEEZ

Richard49 said:
I just found this thread today
I now feel older then I did before reading it
and I can remember when God created Eve

I remember when heck was a puppy!

All of those Doms I have learned from online have been older than me. I agree, I couldn't really learn from someone younger than I am. Not because I disrespect younger people, but I look for a Dom/me who's got life experience, who knows that Dominance is what he/she has chosen as a role, and who knows how to best teach me, to best train me. When I search, and when I choose those people to learn from, I choose people who understands my journey, and who can look up to, as an elder, as a wiser.

One of my subs friends has said

the worst part of being an old sub is hearing your knees creak as you kneel.

Re: One of my subs friends has said

Ebonyfire said:
the worst part of being an old sub is hearing your knees creak as you kneel.

My knees creak and I am not so old!

Well, perhaps I have simply been on them too much for my tender years

:p

The worst part about being an old Dom/me is getting the whip tangled in the walker at the critical moment.

Yeah, but you're a BABY
Almost everyone's older than you :D
LOL, you're like the same age Wyn was back when she & I met

vixenshe said:
All of those Doms I have learned from online have been older than me. I agree, I couldn't really learn from someone younger than I am. Not because I disrespect younger people, but I look for a Dom/me who's got life experience, who knows that Dominance is what he/she has chosen as a role, and who knows how to best teach me, to best train me. When I search, and when I choose those people to learn from, I choose people who understands my journey, and who can look up to, as an elder, as a wiser.

James G 5 said:
Yeah, but you're a BABY
Almost everyone's older than you :D
LOL, you're like the same age Wyn was back when she & I met

Can't argue... I am a baby, compared with many on this forum.

My son, all 6'10" 19year old college student of him, says he knows why my memory's going. I've been alive sooooooo long I've used up all the memory cells and there's soooo much stored I just can't find anything any more.
Also says I'm older the dirt, but he does allow as how I am younger than rocks. *LOL*

Re: Re: One of my subs friends has said

MissTaken said:
My knees creak and I am not so old!

Well, perhaps I have simply been on them too much for my tender years

:p

The worst part about being an old Dom/me is getting the whip tangled in the walker at the critical moment.

Too funny!!

An older Dom friend of mine swears he will be chasing me around in his Rascal Scooter in a couple of years.

Ok, now on the topic, I just dig older men in general. But trustworthyness and personality are more important than age anyday.

Back