Anyone from the UK?

Go get some cake in Ballard (only works if you are in Seattle and the cake shop is still there)

Have fun

*sings* "the bluest skies i've ever seen..."
I've been to Seattle itself a few times but I don't know about the cake shop. I'll ask @SassySheDevil about it when she wakes up. I like visiting the piers and Pikes Place market.

Flew over the Seattle Tower on Tuesday at 4,000ft. Such a beautiful day and it was a good view. Would never go up the tower again though. Seventy dollars just to get on the lift and when you get up there, they've removed all the things you could previously do up there. So all there is to do is look through the glass floor and take photos.

However I'm about an hour outside Seattle so I'm not bothered about going back. I'm enjoying just relaxing with Sassy and her family. 😊

I've been to Seattle itself a few times but I don't know about the cake shop. I'll ask @SassySheDevil about it when she wakes up. I like visiting the piers and Pikes Place market.

Flew over the Seattle Tower on Tuesday at 4,000ft. Such a beautiful day and it was a good view. Would never go up the tower again though. Seventy dollars just to get on the lift and when you get up there, they've removed all the things you could previously do up there. So all there is to do is look through the glass floor and take photos.

However I'm about an hour outside Seattle so I'm not bothered about going back. I'm enjoying just relaxing with Sassy and her family. 😊

It has been many years since i have been there. Loved it, it's such a nice city (apart from walking up the hills). Had a few friends there too, but most moved to Portland.

Have fun, Wonks. Enjoy the view of the Cascades and Puget Sound. Wave to Mt Rainier for me.

I'm about to make spag bol for the fam, including leftovers for over the weekend. Wife's going to be away so I might ditch the healthier stuff and get some sausages in. They're like contraband in this household at the moment.
I guess there is no chance of black pudding then LoL

It has been many years since i have been there. Loved it, it's such a nice city (apart from walking up the hills). Had a few friends there too, but most moved to Portland.

Have fun, Wonks. Enjoy the view of the Cascades and Puget Sound. Wave to Mt Rainier for me.
I've been to Mt. St. Helens before. If I was well enough, I'd do the Mt. Rainier trails but of course I can't walk far. However you see it from the plane and the airport so all is good.

We didn't get to see the Cascades from the plane this time as we went out over Canada past Vancouver and then swung round. The thinking is to avoid all the smoke and haze from the wildfires here.

Afternoon all. It's dragging in today. Promises of replies have not materialised so I am moving on from caring. I'll stick to the folks that show an interest. Fair? I think so.
Thought I would reply as I'm back on briefly.

So who's going to explain the racy round the track thing that's going on at the moment.... in fewer than 100 words?

which race?

the Omnium?

simple... 4 events over one day/ Winner of each of the first three races gets 40 points.

The final race is a Points Race, so the points standing counts going into that race. Sprints every 10 laps (5,3,2,1 points) and 20 points if you gain a lap. Person with the most points at the end of that race wins

Simple.

I skipped explaining the individual races in the Omnium because... well, the elimination is self explanatory

oh... tomorrow is the Women's Madison in cycling! That will be such fun... pretty simple race... it's a points race, but for teams of two. One rider rests and it tagged in by the racing rider, usually with a hand-sling. Sprints every 10 laps. 5,3,2,1 points. 20 points for gaining a lap.

Easy.

Haven't seen many events today. I enjoyed the springboard diving final and some kite surfing. Saw a little taekwondo too.

I watched a bit of cycling and was amused by the stoic motorcycle person setting the pace.

But kiddo is playing Minecraft so I'll have to catch up with other things later.

Hoping you're all good

oh... tomorrow is the Women's Madison in cycling! That will be such fun... pretty simple race... it's a points race, but for teams of two. One rider rests and it tagged in by the racing rider, usually with a hand-sling. Sprints every 10 laps. 5,3,2,1 points. 20 points for gaining a lap.

Easy.
Now I'm thinking if a tracks' a track, could some of these cycling events translate to running???

Now I'm thinking if a tracks' a track, could some of these cycling events translate to running???

Hmmm... think the Madison is 50km... when i say resting riders, they still have to ride around... might be tough on runners! I'd love to see the relay races where they hand-sling the other into the action though, none of that pesky baton fumbling

Back