Anyone from the UK?

Yea, I didn't see the interview live, but have managed to catch up on with her over-sharing and emotional interview (bless her heart).
The Olympic BBC journos appear to feast on anything emotional they can wring out of sports-people at their most vulnerable moments, and it's a despicable practice. It's like they're all chasing journalistic awards - if they want those, they should fuck off to the Ukraine front line, not molest teens in tears.
As for her relationship with her Dad... I froze when I heard her mention God as needing praise. So she had suicidal thoughts as a young teen, has turned to religion for help and presents as a kid truly in crisis. Somehow I don't see her Franglais Dad being especially supportive, but is instead grabbing screentime whenever he can. She needs help.

Or I might be completely wrong.
And interesting, I'm not sure I saw all of that myself. My fear/worry is that you may be more right than wrong; maybe in some cases it's good that this rolls around only every four years, I'm sure the novelty of a novelty celebrity will (surely) have worn off by Los Angeles

Last edited:
Morning :) I trust that thrilling Thursdays await for you all.

And enjoy those collection days while you can, people - this time next week I'll be knee-deep* in a bin collection strike :S

* Not literally I hope, could you imagine etc..

I build guitars
That's so cool! I once purchased an old electric guitar for my work. We scrawled a random signature on it and included it on a wall display in a rock and roll themed bar. The bar owner was convinced it was worth a lot of money. Even though we hadn't said who's signature it was supposed to be and told him it was from a junk shop! Smoke and mirrors!

Back