California roll call

Quite the slippery slope as Nor Cal/So Cal can be hotly debated. Similarly, you ask SoCal folks about the Valley and they think of San Fernando Valley whereas most assume the Central Valley. I am in the Central Coast, which I will define by Santa Barbara to Santa Cruz.

Speaking of slippery and hot...
And I think of anything below SLO as SoCalšŸ˜‚

Literal like the bay area is only the counties touching the bay.
There are 58 counties in California.
(48 in NorCal, 10 in SoCal)

That being said, there are 11 ā€œregionsā€ of California:
Northern California, Sierra Nevada, North Coast, The Bay Area, Central Coast, Central Valley, Southern California, Los Angeles, Inland Empire, San Diego, and Deserts.

There are nine counties that considered ā€œThe Bay Areaā€:
Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano, and Sonoma counties

To determine the delineating line between Northern & Southern California, the easiest way is to draw a line from the southern tip of Monterey going eastbound (but with a slight northbound direction) through the northern tip of Fresno, then eastbound to the stateā€™s border.

And I think of anything below SLO as SoCalšŸ˜‚
The Central Coast is an area of California, roughly spanning the coastal region between Point Mugu and Monterey Bay. It lies northwest of Los Angeles and south of the San Francisco Bay Area, and includes the rugged, rural, and sparsely populated stretch of coastline known as Big Sur

Quite the slippery slope as Nor Cal/So Cal can be hotly debated. Similarly, you ask SoCal folks about the Valley and they think of San Fernando Valley whereas most assume the Central Valley. I am in the Central Coast, which I will define by Santa Barbara to Santa Cruz.

Speaking of slippery and hot...
Technically it is

How are we defining Northern, Central and So Cal? I know my definition is not what most folks use haha
Also-are we being literal with our bay area definition?
North Cal is anything above San Francisco. Bay Area is it's own little pocket. Central Coast is Santa Cruz to Ventura. South of Ventura to Orange County is Southern California and everything south of the OC is also their own little pocket.

Just say your town.
I was kind of just being a little bit of a pot stirrer when I wrote all that about what was Norcal what is SoCal and whatā€™s the bay area. It is heavily debated and people use different terms meaning different things and so I thought that it would be kind of funny to drop it in there. As for saying what city I live in, thatā€™s not something that I share so Iā€™m not gonna do that. we all live in California and that is our connection. šŸŒø

Back