California roll call

Other than my stint in the Navy, I've lived here my entire life. The crazy variety of things to do neve fails to impress me. Living in one of the less known, but gorgeous parts of the state, I can go to the beach, go to a sea lion protected area, go to a Monarch Butterfly sanctuary, visit Hearst Castle, visit a few hundred wineries, see an outdoor art sculpture exhibit made of lights at night...it's a crazy place to live.

I think that my favorite things are the proximity to the beach, mountains and the overall beauty. I appreciate the state parks and the variety of outdoor activiites we have available. As was mentioned the fairly progressive mindsets, weather, educational systems and overall culture all add to the specialness that is California.
I was born and raised here but moved east for four years of college. I enjoyed the other places I have lived but I know I need to live near a body of water, preferably the ocean.
I have visited your hailed state and enjoyed my trip which was from LA up to wine country and back. Must say driving through Gilroy (garlic capital of the world) had me literally in tears. I also like living close to the ocean, BUT I'm from the east coast, so while driving out west I realized your ocean is on the wrong side of the street!

I have visited your hailed state and enjoyed my trip which was from LA up to wine country and back. Must say driving through Gilroy (garlic capital of the world) had me literally in tears. I also like living close to the ocean, BUT I'm from the east coast, so while driving out west I realized your ocean is on the wrong side of the street!
Glad you had a great time in our amazing state

My favorite thing about California is that it is the best place in the world. Yes, there are many gorgeous, colorful, delicious, magical places in the world, and I have been fortunate to have travelled to four continents. California is by no means perfect, is far too expensive to live, and has its share of crazy, but from its border with Mexico to the boonies of Siskiyou County, it is hard to beat.

California Representation:

Ever wonder why the House of Representatives is limited to 435 members? (Long answer short is ‘because’)

Since 1950 the average population of a District has more than doubled from 344k to 761k.

Wyoming in the least populated state with one District, fair apportionment would be to use Wyoming as the model and reapportion the House for true representation.

Wyoming’s District is 577k peeps.

California currently has a 52 member delegation representing 39,000,000 people. By applying the “Wyoming Formula” the number of Districts would increase to 67.

67 is more than 52.

Just a nefarious way to water down the national political influence of the majority to maintain minority rule.

Sixty Seven House Districts = 67 Electoral Votes. We should be fairly represented.

Ever wonder why Lit has a specific forum for politics?
Nope.

But then I’m smart enough to understand the difference between politics and the mechanics of how the sausage is made.

The above is about a systemic flaw in the system, that’s not politics, it’s government. They used to teach that pretty well in California schools.

I'm in the IE, I'm bad at checking this site /forum but if anybody is in that area feel free to DM me.
As a chubby guy (working on it!), I have to say one of my favorite things about living in California is the Mexican food LOL

How was your visit? Where did you go?
Hey, thanks for asking. Just landed at home in India. Was in SF mostly

It was good (could always be better) went to mostly kids places :)

Next time plan to come on my own and meet a few new people :)

Where are you in Cal?

Last edited:
I'm in the IE, I'm bad at checking this site /forum but if anybody is in that area feel free to DM me.
As a chubby guy (working on it!), I have to say one of my favorite things about living in California is the Mexican food LOL
Welcome friend

Back