Challenge: Grab a Partner

irishcatsmeow said:
You can do some minor editing at the end...for punctuation and maybe a word or two here and there...but the main idea is to just go with the flow,,,see how you feed off of your partner...

mmmm I did not know there would be feeding off my partner...

yum finger food

pst Liar, you do realize that I intend on cheating, right? How do we start?

gosh I feel like I should be practicing kissing a pillow or something

Liar said:
:eek: Had no idea. I haven't exactly been in the zone lately, and that challenge went so far before I noticed, that it passed me by. But of course you can. Where is it? Can I see it? Puhleease?

#L

ps. Lauren, I did come up and ask, didn't I? Being the nice and considerate chap I am, I just asked everybody. :)

I sent you a preview of the poem in PM.

Cordelia

Oh, and I was wondering if a certain sestina-writing stud would like to try this with me?

(Okay... it's Sadie Hawkins day somewhere )

Fool? Care to dance?

Cordelia

Cordelia said:
Oh, and I was wondering if a certain sestina-writing stud would like to try this with me?

(Okay... it's Sadie Hawkins day somewhere )

Fool? Care to dance?

Cordelia

I could never tell you no....But just remember it was your idea when you are doing the tango and I am doing the funky chicken...:D

The_Fool said:
I could never tell you no....But just remember it was your idea when you are doing the tango and I am doing the funky chicken...:D

So I guess that means I start a sonnet and you'll turn it into a sestina, eh?

*sharpening my pencil*

:kiss:

annaswirls said:

yes, anna,,,the feeding off your partner is one of the best things about this challenge (a side dish, so to speak)...if ya get started quickly, it may just help with cutting back on those Turkey Day calories...

Cordelia said:
So I guess that means I start a sonnet and you'll turn it into a sestina, eh?

*sharpening my pencil*

:kiss:

No Baby,

No sestinas, only 16 lines. This challenge is way to easy for you....:D

annaswirls said:
pst Liar, you do realize that I intend on cheating, right? How do we start?
I'd tell you, if you PM box wasn't all clogged up! Go clean house. ;)

#L

Liar said:
I'd tell you, if you PM box wasn't all clogged up! Go clean house. ;)

#L

oh you have no idea how many ways I need to clean house

I am sorry!! It is not my fault I swear.....

warning: I am a high maintenance partner

irishcatsmeow said:
annaswirls said:

yes, anna,,,the feeding off your partner is one of the best things about this challenge (a side dish, so to speak)...if ya get started quickly, it may just help with cutting back on those Turkey Day calories...

I have written this kind of poem before but never in public and never fully clothed

:)

annaswirls said:
I have written this kind of poem before but never in public and never fully clothed
:)

By all means, feel free to disrobe...whether partially or fully...I'm sure the readers will appreciate the effort... <BG><wink>:devil:

not going to be able to make the deadline

I really want to do this. I am away from the computer and internet until Sunday. I think this is a cool idea and hoping I can still participate knowing I will never make the deadline.

Could we make this an ongoing thread after the challenge is up, so that those of us who won't make it can still play?

Liar, if you want to find someone else who will be around this week and who can make the deadline, I understand, but I still want to dance with you when it is over, okay?

I am Thankful for all of the wonderful people I have met here. This past year has been like no other for me. I will be grey and rocking on the porch someday remembering my literotica era and how it changed me.

:rose:

anna

Re: not going to be able to make the deadline

annaswirls said:
I really want to do this. I am away from the computer and internet until Sunday. I think this is a cool idea and hoping I can still participate knowing I will never make the deadline.

Could we make this an ongoing thread after the challenge is up, so that those of us who won't make it can still play?

Liar, if you want to find someone else who will be around this week and who can make the deadline, I understand, but I still want to dance with you when it is over, okay?

I am Thankful for all of the wonderful people I have met here. This past year has been like no other for me. I will be grey and rocking on the porch someday remembering my literotica era and how it changed me.

anna

In the spirit of anna's message , I would just like to second that.

The poetry, support, advice and friendship I have found here, has truly been a blessing.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all, and thank you.

:heart:

Last edited:
Christina O. Leigh said:
Well, somebody start something. I'm getting bored, LOL! I'm a simple poet...don't like these BIG words you all throw at this ditzy blonde. So, who's gonna play with me?! :D

<wandering in>
'Lo Christina...got a playmate for this challenge yet, or are you still looking?

<smile>

Originally posted by Remec

'Lo Christina...got a playmate for this challenge yet, or are you still looking?

Feels unwanted ::sniffles::

umm, Christina, I think that Remec is extending an invitation...(beat me to it ya dog...)

I'll take the odds; come go evens with me
pull me out of me and I'll set you free
reach out your hand and I'll open my soul
I'm not a fan of the loftier goal.

Not asking much-its just a one nighter
We'll dance in the dark and act like we're writers
Its just 16 lines, not much of a task
I'm easy, you know- you need only ask!

Anyone wanna dance?

dancer054.gif

Last edited:
BooMerengue said:
I'll take the odds; come go evens with me
pull me out of me and I'll set you free
reach out your hand and I'll open my soul
I'm not a fan of the loftier goal.

Not asking much-its just a one nighter
We'll dance in the dark and act like we're writers
Its just 16 lines, not much of a task
I'm easy, you know- you need only ask!

Anyone wanna dance?

dancer054.gif

Sent you a PM. :rose:

*curtsy's to Reltne...

awwlrighty now!

Lets dance, baby!

(are we allowed to dance w/ more than one partner? I'm one of those ol burnt out hippy's who tends to dance all over the place.)

BooMerengue said:
*curtsy's to Reltne...

awwlrighty now!

Lets dance, baby!

Very well my dear, and you may call the tune. I await your first step. :rose:

Back