• christmas-mistletoe-mistle.gif
    christmas-mistletoe-mistle.gif
    15.7 KB · Views: 21
Maybe these would be nice too?

Attachments

• chilipepperset.jpg
    chilipepperset.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 14
Ooh, more men, chocolate, and polygamy brew!?! I'm feeling very Christmassy and horny. Well done! Can't wait.

ho ho ho-ing, Perdita :p :devil:

p.s. I'll wear the bra in my AV and matching knickers (and maybe something else).

p.p.s. Think that will attract Gauche? :rolleyes:

I'll bring my collection of 78rpm records (and a gramophone) so that you can hear real singers who filled an opera house before microphones.

Shall it be Melba, Chaliapin, Gigli, McCormack.

Richard Strauss conducting Der Rosencavalier,

or Harry Lauder, Paul Robeson - "Trees"

or the Singing Dogs?

Og

Or one of the prize items in my collection Columbia D.B.2837 Miss Hue Lee singing "Rose, Rose, I Love You" - in Chinese?

Good lord, Ogg, don't tell me they use mics at Covent Garden!! I sit in the balcony at SFO and can always hear Gilda's most pianissimo notes as if she were singing directly in my ear.

Bring the Melba and Chaliapin for sure. (FYI, I know a bloke on the AH who can sing along with Robeson; no, can't tell you who.)

Not sure about all that grand opera at this party, I'm sure the club has a prviate room though (wink, wink, etc.)

Perdita

perdita said:
Good lord, Ogg, don't tell me they use mics at Covent Garden!!
Not sure about all that grand opera at this party, I'm sure the club has a private room though (wink, wink, etc.)

Perdita

They use microphones at the Royal Albert Hall - the acoustics there have always been difficult. Many opera houses use microphones.

Most of my 78s are acoustic recordings and many are pre-1914 single sided with a thick rim to protect the playing surface. They weigh a lot.

Une Chambre Separée seems ideal for the party.

Og

PS: After a few beers I'll sing along with Chaliapin.

The Singing Dogs! Absolutely.

I have my dad's Sinatra collection on vinyl, and some early Beatles singles on 45s.

I also have something priceless, gleaned from the years when my uncle worked at a radio station and sent us the unsolicited albums that the station declined to play: still in the shrinkwrap, "Sally Field Sings As The Flying Nun."

I have a sure-fire party stopper. I've used it for years when the party has gone on too long.

It is a mono LP of Lola Flores singing real Flamenco. Unless you understand Flamenco it sounds appalling. If you know Flamenco it is wonderful.

Og

PS. The alternative is a 45rpm of Florence Foster-Jenkins singing? Die Fledermaus. See the "Miserable Melodies" in the first post of the Christmas Presents thread.

Edited to include - Or this site:

http://www.brumm.com/realaudio/alternative/jenkinsnotes.htm

Last edited:
PierceStreet said:
I'd even buy a Yugo if that were true.
Aw, crap. I'm just a Mex-brunette.

Perdita :(

p.s. Love your AV, Pierce, knew you'd come up with a beachy xmas.

I'll try to make it, She, though it may be late. At least I can help load the rest of you into conveyances for delivery home on Boxing Day.

Dee:D

shereads said:
The Singing Dogs! Absolutely.

I have my dad's Sinatra collection on vinyl, and some early Beatles singles on 45s.

I also have something priceless, gleaned from the years when my uncle worked at a radio station and sent us the unsolicited albums that the station declined to play: still in the shrinkwrap, "Sally Field Sings As The Flying Nun."

She,

The Sinatra would be nice.

About the thing in the shrinkwrap: you have to be very careful with a collector's item like that. Leave it wrapped! :D

No records to add myself, too many unwanted visitors (=junkies) over the years. :(

reply to velvet vulua

Mine if I drop by? I'll bring some sundowners there a good drink. It dose have one draw back most people go home with some one other than they brought to party. The next morning no one cares its all cool. Sometimes they wake up wearing other peoples under wear or not knowing how you got home. Hey a good time had by all who drinks it.

Considering the drinks everybody is going to bring, we'll all be plastered. :D

Maybe I'll bring down some Gouda. Have to go out for the last shopping now.

:(

Ho ho ho, Rhinelf! Just wanted to team my AV up with yours.

Perdita :heart:

Rhino,

What's up?

I don't know, but that does not seem like a 7 in your AV.

:D

Okay. I have "Esquivel: Merry Christmas from the Space-Age Bachelor Pad". For those of you who know Esquivel &/or the Space-Age Bachelor-pad lifestyle, I need say no more. My only regret is that it isn't is Quad (as far as I know).

I also have a cassette tape called "A Very Ziggy Christmas", which I have not yet heard, and may never hear, but it features Ziggy, who enjoyed some notoriety as a smarmy kind of syndicated newspaper cartoon character some long years back. This is unusual, because I never knew that Ziggy had any sort of life away from his smarmy cartoon.

I also have a big fat pot of choucrout garni simmering on the stove, and a bunch of McEwan's ale in the fridge getting cold enough to make your sinuses ache.

I'm set.

---dr.M.

dr_mabeuse said:
I also have a big fat pot of choucrout garni simmering on the stove, and a bunch of McEwan's ale in the fridge getting cold enough to make your sinuses ache.

I'm set.

---dr.M.

Now, who's been talking? I'm a sucker for "zuurkool".

Back