Didn't I just read a poem with that same title?

I just submitted my broken blinds and I am not happy! I rewrote the thing 50 times and just couldn't get it right. :mad: Well, at least, it'll get lost in all those other blinds.

I haven't started yet, but I'll rush something now, just to play along. Sorry...

Maybe we should try this again next week? :D

WickedEve said:
I just submitted my broken blinds and I am not happy! I rewrote the thing 50 times and just couldn't get it right. :mad: Well, at least, it'll get lost in all those other blinds.

um, they weren't supposed to be any good were they :(

(frantically looking for the unpost, edit, do-over button)

OT said:
um, they weren't supposed to be any good were they :(

(frantically looking for the unpost, edit, do-over button)
No, no, of course not. If it sucks, that's ok! Really. hee hee

Lauren.Hynde said:
I haven't started yet, but I'll rush something now, just to play along. Sorry...

Maybe we should try this again next week? :D
You just volunteered. You come up with next week's poem title! :D

Well, I posted and who knows, it may have been on time. Stranger things have happened. Like me writing that poem: it was supposed to be a metaphor for... some... thing...

Shit!
I knew I was forgetting something today. Now I feel like an asshole.

Luckily, I always feel like an asshole.
Perhaps I'll get to play next week. I *will* make sure to read and vote, though.

Now that I've finally escaped the BDSM circle of the Inferno, I should be around here, pestering the locals, far more often. Lucky y'all. :rolleyes:

Got Risia?

RisiaSkye said:

Now that I've finally escaped the BDSM circle of the Inferno, I should be around here, pestering the locals, far more often. Lucky y'all.

Well actually, yes. :)

Laurel must be too baffled to put them up in the new poems list, but a whole bunch of Broken Blinds are already in the authors' pages.

Broken Blinds

by WickedEve ©
by MyOpinion ©
by HomerPindar ©
by smithpeter ©
by OT ©
by silken_dreammaid ©
by Angeline ©
by JUDO ©
by Lauren.Hynde ©

Opi, sp, silken chick, and especially Homer: get a link to your page, please!!!

I wonder if there are any more out there, hidden away...

I Love Them All!

I just read every Broken Blind poem! We are goddamn wonderful and I don't care who hears me say it!

:rose:

I just read 11 Broken Blinds Poems. And they are all good! It's cool seeing all those poems with the same topic and all the different ways they were written.

JUDO said:
Was mine the only acrostic?
;)

I was so intrigued by it, I didn't even notice that is was an acrostic.

I think we managed a smattering of several styles.
acrostic, sonnet, rhyme, haiku, funny, solemn, scary, sad, nature...
I guess we can safely say, all poets don't think alike :)

So Lauren...
Don't wait too long to give us the new title for next week. Some of our muses need time to mull.

Re: Acrostic? Google...

MyOpinion said:
"In Acrostic poems, the first letters of each line are aligned vertically to form a word. The word often is the subject of the poem." from 1st grade website. Education is a wonderful thing and apparently mine is lacking...

Yes, OT, it is a wonderful display of different perspectives! And I second your motion to Lauren. I also do not know what Lauren is referring to when she says- Opi, sp, silken chick, and especially Homer: get a link to your page, please!!!

OT: does my AV satisify your wish for surprise?

Just for the record, I know what an acrostic is, I just didn't notice it.

In your profile, there is a place for a web address. Put the link to your member home page there.

OT said:
I was so intrigued by it, I didn't even notice that is was an acrostic.

I think we managed a smattering of several styles.
acrostic, sonnet, rhyme, haiku, funny, solemn, scary, sad, nature...
I guess we can safely say, all poets don't think alike :)

So Lauren...
Don't wait too long to give us the new title for next week. Some of our muses need time to mull.
I think you forgot my 'what-the-f***-was-that-all-about style. ;)

I already chose next week's title, but don't know if I should tell you all yet.

I'm thinking I should start another thread, though. So that new people won't be afraid to jump in. What do you think?

Lauren.Hynde said:

I'm thinking I should start another thread, though. So that new people won't be afraid to jump in. What do you think?

Nah, just keep this one. It's the "Same Title Poetry" thread. Maybe Wicked should change the thread's title to that.

;)

Lauren.Hynde said:

Ahh, another new style to add to "Hyper Sonnets"

New thread is your call. New might be less confusing
when late lurkers start looking at dates and such.

For fun, each week, the new thread header can ref all the previous threads.

Back