Double Blind 3 - July 10

I would be willing to do it. But I have a harebrained idea for a theme. My proposed theme would be that each contestant write a humorous parody of a famous poem. I'm running this idea up the flagpole now to see whether anyone salutes.

That would be a fun challenge to read. I've written silly poetry, not so sure about humorous. Don't think that's a skill I have. :)

I think the idea would make a good challenge of its own. Curious what others will think about a theme for the Double Blind.

Legacy - Magnetron

The paradelle - Harry

Thirst - Tod

Truth to Flesh - Champagne

M'Lady's shallott - UYS

The Good Night - legerdemer

Poking my nose round the door to be nosy, M'Lady's Shallot isn't me.

I would be willing to do it. But I have a harebrained idea for a theme. My proposed theme would be that each contestant write a humorous parody of a famous poem. I'm running this idea up the flagpole now to see whether anyone salutes.

We did similar not long since but I had so much fun writing my parodies of Charge of the Light Brigade and I wandered lonely as a cloud, I'd love to give it another go.

Whatever bunches your grapes, but I'd rather see a famous poem written from a fresh perspective. I don"t think imitation would generate as much diverse critique.

Last edited:
I'm with Mags on this one, but that may be because I'm not big on parodies. That's just me. But if the group so decides, I'll happily push myself. :):rolleyes:

I wouldn't mind a theme for DB challenges - or at least for some of them, then leave some open.

I'm wondering about using themes for the Double Blind, because if we do it as we have been, with two days for critiques between poems, it makes sense to limit the number of people who participate. Six to eight poems gives us a two to three week challenge.

If we use a theme that more than eight people want to try, will some be left out? Will we shorten critique time to accommodate, or let the challenge run until everyone has been included? Is it possible for the challenge to run too long to sustain a good level of interest?

It's not like we don't already do themed challenges and hand out half assed critiques willy nilly anyway.

So why not toss a parody challenge in between DB 3 and 4?

I'm an ass half full half empty kinda guy.

Now I'm just talking out of my ass.

All revisions are in and have been posted. If any changes need to be made, let me know.

This was fun for me. Thank you to everyone who participated. I know I didn't offer much in the way of commentary this time around, but I enjoyed the process and reading all your poems and critiques.

All revisions are in and have been posted. If any changes need to be made, let me know.

This was fun for me. Thank you to everyone who participated. I know I didn't offer much in the way of commentary this time around, but I enjoyed the process and reading all your poems and critiques.

Thanks for doing this, Calli. I always learn something from these challenges, no less so from this one.

Back