double glazing?

Weird Harold said:
The link doesn't work for me.
I doesn't work for me, either. But, it did last night. Maybe someone pulled the plug on their server, and they don't know it yet.

The site is just the history of the Hoover vacumm, and how it got it's name.

I soooo wish I hadn't looked at any of those pictures you know. My darn imagination has just completely spun out of control (again) ;)

Okay well I finished writing the story yesterday. I was aiming for it to be a Halloween theme but my wretched characters decided to get sidetracked and I'm not sure I've enough time to rewrite the whole thing to get it Halloweened right. hmm I'm not sure if I should either.

Thanks so much for all your help peoples :) I just need to tweak a sentence along the lines of historical housing (or should that be hysterical?) and I'm done. :)

:rose: :kiss: :rose:
thank you :)

In Sweden, the windows are triple-glazed.

Even on their Volvos.

I lied about the Volvos.

DVS

That is a shocking experience - you have left me feeling guilty!!!:p

For a week I thought I needed someone to massage my bad back, now I have looked at the floor and realise that I need someone to drive my vacume too:p

Ah well I am off now to lie down again.

jon:devil:

Any female want to call round give me a nice massage and do the housework??:D

Were you able to travel back, to observe those women running the Hoovers, in person. You also would have noted, that they all sported a double-glazed expression, about their eyes. ;)

Where I live, what we once called by their brand name, such as Hoover, we now employ the generic term, vacuums. The same as Xerox has become copiers, and Kleenex has become tissues.

Except for the window on barns, woodsheds, and other unheated buildings, all windows are either double-glazed, or equipped with storm windows. In Canada, this is not fashion, but necessity. So much so, in fact, that my initial reaction to the term "double-glazed" was to think of a Tim Horton donut. :rolleyes:

Have just finished reading the URL for "History of The Hoover Company."

It is the first history of a vacuum that I have ever read. Prior to this, I was taught that one cannot learn history in a vacuum. Now I am undecided.

By the way, I just remembered, that when I start the vacuum cleaner, a light goes on so it can 'see' what it is about to suck.

Why is that :confused:

Quasimodem said:
Except for the window on barns, woodsheds, and other unheated buildings, all windows are either double-glazed, or equipped with storm windows. In Canada, this is not fashion, but necessity. So much so, in fact, that my initial reaction to the term "double-glazed" was to think of a Tim Horton donut. :rolleyes:
So, are you saying your Volvos do have double glazed windows?

And, who is this Tim Horton character? He got doughnuts anything like Lamar's or Kryspy Kream? I wonder.

On a side note:
Ah, the wonders of the Internet. The below link will offer 520 different ways to make doughnuts! Cool, huh?

www.cooks.com/rec/doc/qEOGOhpGOhdGOhdsisfAhsqsUsfAdAsAOh/

Quasimodem said:
Have just finished reading the URL for "History of The Hoover Company."

It is the first history of a vacuum that I have ever read. Prior to this, I was taught that one cannot learn history in a vacuum. Now I am undecided.

By the way, I just remembered, that when I start the vacuum cleaner, a light goes on so it can 'see' what it is about to suck.

Why is that :confused:
An interesting thought to ponder. Maybe this has something to do with the glazed look on the women from the time?

I would gather there are some people of present day who would think history is better off in a vacuum. Of course, I am not one of them. We learn from history, so we don't repeat it.

But, when observing the actions of some of our so called authorities, a vacuum is just what is inside their heads.

On your vacuum with a light? If the light didn't come up, would you have the basic equivalent of your very own personal black hole?

...I edited this post to remove what I copied and pasted into another thread. I don't want to start an infectious glaze on this thread. It wouldn't be proper.

Last edited:
Back