Double standards

It hurts that women see 'young hunks' as a preferred prospect

• You're a man, deal with it.

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Now you know how we feel.

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Equality is only for women

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • There, there, you're beautiful inside and that's what counts.

Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters
Actually, confidence goes a long way. Not everyone will be attracted to the same type - thank god! - but, confidence exhudes something that people desire and want to be close to. Shyness, unfortunately doesn't get far, and in the face of confidence, looks will only go only so far.

Just my experience.

On the other hand, there is nothing wrong with my liking to fuck beautiful young men with no brains? Or women for that matter.
I prefer to talk to women anyway ;) And confidence gets me everywhere.

So I'm with Svenska on body. AS IF anyone here is going to turn down . . . well anyone who they think is gorgeous if they had the chance? LOL - ya right!!!!

gauchecritic said:
Did I forget to mention that the poll itself was a joke?

Personally I have no problem at all with my self image, just wish I felt this way 30 years ago.

The original post simply reminded me of how I felt as a teenager when the girls couldn't get past how much money a guy had or how good looking he was. (Me having neither)

Fortunately I now have no cares whatsoever about my looks or the amount of money I don't have. Conversly it seems I have become attractive to my exact 'type'.

So another question arises.

My eldest son is as awkward and gangly and anxious as I was when his age. My tallest son apparently doesn't give a damn about the opposite sex. Guess who the girls find most attractive?

So is it all about confidence?

Gauche

Perhaps I've just become accustomed

I struggled as the oppressed my entire life, Being an average white anglo saxon male in the US I've struggled against antidiscrimanatory hiring practices... have actually heard the phrase in a job interview... "unless you're a pregnant african american woman you have no chance." When I was that 20 something athletic male and had the time to go to the Gym every day, the dapper older male was the "in" thing. Now that I've become the dapper (or perhaps just reserved frumpy) middle aged guy the trend has changed again. I can't win and I'm sorry for all of you for which my luck has created this situation (the whole world revolves around me right? just kidding)

I have found that my trends have changed over the years too from the bubbly 18 year old being the model of desire when I was 14 to the 18 year old bubbly woman being the model when I was 20 to the bubbly 20 year old being the model when I turned 30. The past few years though I was shocked to realize that I am most attracted to the mom walking with the bubbly 18 year old. Well ok, maybe it wasn't a trend change but a shocking realization... an epiphany perhaps.

Just another trend that I can't participate in, hence, you're a man deal with it.

JJ1

gauchecritic said:
So is it all about confidence?

Gauche

I've always thought it's all about confidence for both men *and* women. A strong, smart, confident woman, sure in her own sexuality does it for me every time, over and above a Bo Derrek '10' type body. I don't like wilting flowers, and I don't like women who have a chip on their shoulder and feel they have something to prove to the world.

A quick mental review of my ex-lovers confirms that to me. At least, the ones that I was attracted to, not the ones that I fucked just because they were attracted to me. The ones I was attracted to came in all different shapes and sizes. Tall, short, fat, thin, colored, white. The one thing they had in common, pretty much, is self-confidence in one form or another. For me, that was the common factor, not a body type.

I've always had to be careful about the women I take as lovers, because whilst I prefer the self-confident dynamic type, often I find myself attracting the less confident type. I can only put that down to my own self-confidence and emotional strength. The weak are attracted to the strong.

And whilst it's flattering, for a bit, to be the 'strong' one in a relationship, after a while it gets very wearing and I find myself losing respect for my partner and eventually resenting her for leaning on me, emotionally - And that's regardless of her body shape.

I did once harbor the foolish notion that if I dated a beautiful girl, I'd be able to forgive her any personality clashes we had, simply because she was beautiful. It didn't work out.

Originally posted by CharleyH
AS IF anyone here is going to turn down . . . well anyone who they think is gorgeous if they had the chance? LOL - ya right!!!!

I think you've hit the nail on the head there, Charley. Anyone who they think is gorgeous.

Beauty, after all, is still in the eye of the beholder (or is that beer holder)

Back