Drip and Squish

twelveoone said:
What in the hell are you talking about, you don't like the word drip?
Squish, well nobody over the age of ten should use THAT word.
OR are you refering to just erotic,
well maggot definitly is a turn-off. I do hope nobody submitted one of those.
You're a drip. :D

WickedEve said:
he
leans close, drips directions
in my ear

Okay, I can live with that drip.
Well, I'm not so keen on being called a drip, but if you're offering to move in.... :)

flyguy69 said:
What in the hell is that?

Its a screenplay of a 'Monty Pythons Flying Circus' sketch. Eric refers to Eric Idle, Graham refers to Graham Chapman.

WickedEve said:
. . .
To write a truly erotic poem takes more effort than telling the reader there is passion and fire. I think I'd rather read about dripping and paste than another burning love fire.
To write a good erotic poem is much harder than to write a good non-erotic poem. - Your subject matter and language is much more limited. I tend to hold erotic submissions to a less strict standard than general poetry because of this. On the other hand, I doubt that I have given more than a handful of 5s to erotic poems posted on Literotica.

Trent_Dutch said:
Its a screenplay of a 'Monty Pythons Flying Circus' sketch. Eric refers to Eric Idle, Graham refers to Graham Chapman.
Sorry, you Brits are at a distinct disavantage, here. "Rubbing her bum" conjurs up some really unpleasant images of sex behind the 7-11.

I agree with whoever said that any word works if you get the context right. There are no wrong words or overused words if you get it right. Poetry to me is not about finding unusual ways to say something, but finding exactly the right way to say what you mean and having it convey the tone you want it to express. That can be any words. If you can do both, unusual and precise, even better--Eve can do both in a lot of her poems, one in particular was great at it, but I can't say it cause it pisses her off if I mention that poem too much. :D

senryu calls me!!

delightful drifts drip
staff of man in droplets drain
her fortress :rose:

Angeline said:
I agree with whoever said that any word works if you get the context right. There are no wrong words or overused words if you get it right. Poetry to me is not about finding unusual ways to say something, but finding exactly the right way to say what you mean and having it convey the tone you want it to express. That can be any words. If you can do both, unusual and precise, even better--Eve can do both in a lot of her poems, one in particular was great at it, but I can't say it cause it pisses her off if I mention that poem too much. :D

you're a goddess. :D

Y'all give me a lot to think about here. Too bad I don't have the time nor energy to think about it. But yeah, I agree with Pat in principle, I think. All words (and even some non-words) are fair game for use in poetry... as long as the poetry disciplines the words, rather than vice versa. When there's anything in a poem that is so striking that it stands outside the poem, it disfigures the piece. That's one of the subtle qualities of a good poem, I think, possibly... it works because of congruous parts that meet a requirement of synergistic artistry.

Some years back, there was a great deal of writing using common vulgarities that seemed to serve little other purpose than "shock" value. It did get the phrases and paragraphs noticed, but we can now notice that it didn't last. Niether did all the movies with so much gutter-slang in the scripts. What goes over as an interesting piece for a day won't necessarily last the year, or be remembered in 5 years.

However, I was just thinking of a long post I made somewhere a few days ago about all the "poetics" crap... and considering, in one of my lonesome drives down the highway, throwing it all to the winds, and writing something like, "splish-splash, I was takin' a bath -- long about a Saturday night."

Drip-drop, I was takin' a plop...

~

I also got to wondering about why I expend time and creativity, energy, making poetry, when there are so many other things -- evils -- in the world that need attention. Many murders, illnesses and senseless cruelties and deaths in the news lately. I can't help it. I'm depressed, I think.

~

I'm also stressed right now; forgive, please.

foehn said:
Y'all give me a lot to think about here. Too bad I don't have the time nor energy to think about it. But yeah, I agree with Pat in principle, I think. All words (and even some non-words) are fair game for use in poetry... as long as the poetry disciplines the words, rather than vice versa. When there's anything in a poem that is so striking that it stands outside the poem, it disfigures the piece. That's one of the subtle qualities of a good poem, I think, possibly... it works because of congruous parts that meet a requirement of synergistic artistry.

Some years back, there was a great deal of writing using common vulgarities that seemed to serve little other purpose than "shock" value. It did get the phrases and paragraphs noticed, but we can now notice that it didn't last. Niether did all the movies with so much gutter-slang in the scripts. What goes over as an interesting piece for a day won't necessarily last the year, or be remembered in 5 years.

However, I was just thinking of a long post I made somewhere a few days ago about all the "poetics" crap... and considering, in one of my lonesome drives down the highway, throwing it all to the winds, and writing something like, "splish-splash, I was takin' a bath -- long about a Saturday night."

~

I also got to wondering about why I expend time and creativity, energy, making poetry, when there are so many other things -- evils -- in the world that need attention. Many murders, illnesses and senseless cruelties and deaths in the news lately. I can't help it. I'm depressed, I think.

~

I'm also stressed right now; forgive, please.

Well that's gross. :D

You should read Tess's puke poem. It's one of the best gross poems I've ever read. Even better gross than some of Shel Silverstein's icky poems.

And she knows I mean that as a compliment.

And foehn you know that the reasons you iterated--and other joyous ones--are why we're all here writing poems in the first place.

:rose:

This is 1/2 correct

Angeline said:

If the poem is right on you can fit a few old or just nasty words in. Stop and
think, after reading an erotic poem. Where were your hands? :rolleyes:
If one of them was below the
keyboard whatever words were in the poem were in the right context. I find
that a well written poem with visual mystery can get my hands out of my nose
and below the keyboard. A poem with a lot of 4 letter or off color words won't
do that for me. :confused:

sandspike said:
If the poem is right on you can fit a few old or just nasty words in. Stop and
think, after reading an erotic poem. Where were your hands? :rolleyes:
If one of them was below the
keyboard whatever words were in the poem were in the right context. I find
that a well written poem with visual mystery can get my hands out of my nose
and below the keyboard. A poem with a lot of 4 letter or off color words won't
do that for me. :confused:

Well ok but you're just saying you like subtle poems. But the right poem can be very graphic and a great poem, too. If you get it right, you get it right.

Not Budging,
A

:D

Angeline said:
Well ok but you're just saying you like subtle poems. But the right poem can be very graphic and a great poem, too. If you get it right, you get it right.

Not Budging,
A

:D

will you budge if he drizzles it with strawberry? :cool:

Angeline said:
Eve can do both in a lot of her poems, one in particular was great at it, but I can't say it cause it pisses her off if I mention that poem too much. :D
:eek: I'm using this face since we don't have smilies with knives or sharp spoons.

Oh wait! Your dust poem! DUST!

Angeline said:

Well that's gross. :D

You should read Tess's puke poem. It's one of the best gross poems I've ever read. Even better gross than some of Shel Silverstein's icky poems.

And she knows I mean that as a compliment.

I do, indeed. :rose:

Ah! But it wasn't so much the choice of words in Puke that grossed peeps out but the concept - the subject. Some of the words are quite lovely.

Tristesse said:
While I think about that what in blazes is going on in your AV?
I've been kind of wondering the same of yours, Tess. What's in that squirrel's pocket any way? Guts, nuts, or a gnome? ;)

neonurotic said:
I've been kind of wondering the same of yours, Tess. What's in that squirrel's pocket any way? Guts, nuts, or a gnome? ;)

It's the full moon - which is tonight, BTW.

Before this it was a squirrel about to morph into Super Squirrel.

Squirrels!

Tristesse said:
It's the full moon - which is tonight, BTW.

Before this it was a squirrel about to morph into Super Squirrel.

I have three such Super Squirrels in my back garden, all of them seem to be able to fly and climb along impossibly thin branches and chew through steel bars in their pursuit of the food I leave out for the little birdies! :rolleyes: My only recourse now is to sit out in the garden cradling a bazooka which though it dosen't scare the Super Squirrels it does make the neighbours twitch with nervousness about the mad Welshman in his garden lovingly stroking his HUGE weapon! :nana: ;) :cool:

WickedEve said:
:eek: I'm using this face since we don't have smilies with knives or sharp spoons.

Oh wait! Your dust poem! DUST!

Don't make me say the name!

:catroar:

Man Ray said:
I have three such Super Squirrels in my back garden, all of them seem to be able to fly and climb along impossibly thin branches and chew through steel bars in their pursuit of the food I leave out for the little birdies! :rolleyes: My only recourse now is to sit out in the garden cradling a bazooka which though it dosen't scare the Super Squirrels it does make the neighbours twitch with nervousness about the mad Welshman in his garden lovingly stroking his HUGE weapon! :nana: ;) :cool:

Lol.... I think I seen a Bill Oddie documentary about how GOOD squirrels are at getting food left out for Birds etc.... They're clever little things. Nothing they tried to do could stop the little things getting to the food. Luckily they aren't a problem in my neck of the woods... all I have to worry about is the little flying birds eating all the flightless pheasants food from the ground...

Back