Exclusive: The story you haven’t yet heard about Bowe Bergdahl’s desertion

When the right wing PAYS for anti-Bergdahl statements - finding his compatriots and bringing them to RW media to give assertions - it makes one think it's not on the up and up.

But you do believe the results of polls, for instance, that are paid for by the LW media, correct?

But you do believe the results of polls, for instance, that are paid for by the LW media, correct?

If you took college level statistics, whether Social or Mathematics, you know that polls are as useful as nipples on men: Just window dressing but not really working.

Most polls, from both aisle sides, are done by polling companies without payment from either side. If one side - or a network - has polls, they're stated as being paid for or as being conducted for.

If that were true, his cabinet had to remove him from office. Mental incapacity isn't something we'd want a president to have.

He was diagnosed in the mid 90s, but prior to that you'd have years of slow, subtle decline. He fumbled and lost words, frequently looked bewildered. The poor man was losing brain cells and didn't realise there was an issue.

The same may or may not be true of thatcher's last years in power, when her own party booted her. She went from sharp to loony.

He was diagnosed in the mid 90s, but prior to that you'd have years of slow, subtle decline. He fumbled and lost words, frequently looked bewildered. The poor man was losing brain cells and didn't realise there was an issue.

The same may or may not be true of thatcher's last years in power, when her own party booted her. She went from sharp to loony.

Fumbling and lost words isn't a sign of dementia. If it were, I'd have been suffering from it since I was 14.

Fumbling and lost words isn't a sign of dementia. If it were, I'd have been suffering from it since I was 14.

It is, actually. Not proof but one of the earliest symptoms and, because it's something we all to to some degree, it's usually missed until there are many more pieces to the puzzle.

Dementia often starts slow and oh so subtle, with people around the sufferer not recognising symptoms for years.

I see a lot of dementia.

On Wednesday's "Today Show," NBC's senior White House correspondent Chuck Todd reported that "a few [White House] aides describe it to me as ‘we didn’t know that they were going to Swift Boat Bergdahl.’"

It is, actually. Not proof but one of the earliest symptoms and, because it's something we all to to some degree, it's usually missed until there are many more pieces to the puzzle.

Dementia often starts slow and oh so subtle, with people around the sufferer not recognising symptoms for years.

I see a lot of dementia.

Then you're saying I've been suffering from it? It may be a sign BUT to say his fumbling around WAS a sign isn't true.

I have no idea how you got the idea I approve of trading anything for Bergdahl. Not even a penny.
You think he should have been left in Afghanistan? Should we have sent a drone to take him out there?

If you took college level statistics, whether Social or Mathematics, you know that polls are as useful as nipples on men: Just window dressing but not really working.

Most polls, from both aisle sides, are done by polling companies without payment from either side. If one side - or a network - has polls, they're stated as being paid for or as being conducted for.

cus me, but my nipples come in handy from time to time

cus me, but my nipples come in handy from time to time

The intention of nipples is to deliver milk from mammary glands, not to stimulate sexually. And on men, we don't deliver anything, except in those rare medical instances.

Then you're saying I've been suffering from it? It may be a sign BUT to say his fumbling around WAS a sign isn't true.

If it was a new thing in his life then, yes, it's reasonable to assume it was an early sign. And seeing as he was diagnosed when he left office, and that is one of the first symptoms, linking the two seems fairly reasonable.

People continue to function and seem mostly normal. Quite a few of those little astrocytes must start senescing before the change is big enough to raise red flags.

Slightly impaired judgement is another sign.

If it was a new thing in his life then, yes, it's reasonable to assume it was an early sign. And seeing as he was diagnosed when he left office, and that is one of the first symptoms, linking the two seems fairly reasonable.

People continue to function and seem mostly normal. Quite a few of those little astrocytes must start senescing before the change is big enough to raise red flags.

Slightly impaired judgement is another sign.

Personally, I believe he and his people knew what they were doing. To use the "Early Dementia" defense will be used by those who canonized this man as an excuse to why he did it.

The intention of nipples is to deliver milk from mammary glands, not to stimulate sexually. And on men, we don't deliver anything, except in those rare medical instances.

Hey , what can I say, my wife likes my hairy chest *L*

Personally, I believe he and his people knew what they were doing. To use the "Early Dementia" defense will be used by those who canonized this man as an excuse to why he did it.

I thought he was a tool. But dementia isn't something anyone deserves.

Those who canonised him are the last who would want to admit they were following a man with reduced and progressively reducing mental capacity.

He didn't wake up with it the day after he quit office. Like cancers, people often carry it around with them for years before somebody clicks. And who would want to raise his hand and suggest it first?

Only in the media and in court of opinion. Has the Pentagon said he deserted? Has he been in front of the court martial yet?

Do I believe he deserted? *shrugs shoulders*
Do I believe he's at least an idiot? *soft nod*

People need to have a "Wait and see" on this before passing judgement on him.

Where's the "FUN" in that???

Toubab and vetteman have the best ideas sometimes. Swap several prisoners for a single soldier, bring him home, make sure he's mentally and physically fit, then kill him.
Fellas, you'd better cover your asses.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/06/08/bergdahl-death-threats/10197063/
Death threats target Bergdahl family
John Bacon, USA TODAY 10:13 a.m. EDT June 8, 2014

The FBI and other authorities are investigating threats against the family of Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, the American soldier released nine days ago in a deal that also freed five detainees from the U.S. detention center at Guantanamo Bay.

William Facer, FBI spokesman in Salt Lake City, said in a statement that the agency is "working jointly with our state and local partners and taking each threat seriously."

I hope the Army does a proper job of investigating this matter, but I have serious doubts that they will. I know the commander in chief certainly doesn't want Bergdahl to be found guilty of desertion, and I'm sure every officer in the army knows that as well. We'll see if any have the guts to do the right thing, no matter what, including possible cost of their careers.

I hope the Army does a proper job of investigating this matter, but I have serious doubts that they will. I know the commander in chief certainly doesn't want Bergdahl to be found guilty of desertion, and I'm sure every officer in the army knows that as well. We'll see if any have the guts to do the right thing, no matter what, including possible cost of their careers.

This is the typical screed being put forward by the "right". If Bergdahl isn't found guilty of desertion, as they already know him to be, then OBVIOUSLY the President interfered with the investigation. :rolleyes:

This is the typical screed being put forward by the "right". If Bergdahl isn't found guilty of desertion, as they already know him to be, then OBVIOUSLY the President interfered with the investigation. :rolleyes:

If Bergdahl isn't found guilty of desertion, I can think of only one reason why that would happen. The facts are already out there for everyone to see, if they just open their eyes.

If Bergdahl isn't found guilty of desertion, I can think of only one reason why that would happen. The facts are already out there for everyone to see, if they just open their eyes.

Reason #1: He's not guilty of desertion.

Anything else?

I hope Obama supporters here who are hoping we didn't trade five very bad guys for a deserter will see the obvious truth.

IDK, the way I see it, as determined by the trade and assuming the negative press about Bergdahl is true, is that five very bad-guy islamo-terrorists are worth one non-hacking deserter from the US Army.

In other words, one of our weaselly little shits is equivalent to five of their big piles of crap.

Bonus points that the bad guys aren't being fed and housed on the US taxpayer's dime anymore. Even better is once the piles of crap do return to the field, they're fair game for a .223 round...

I'm having a hard time seeing the downside here.

Last edited:
Back