exercise

peterpan, you guessed! we've all had reservations about MG for quite some time now ;) hey, why don't you include a posting for the exercise?

Svenskaflicka, oh it's all clear to me now. interesting isn't it when we read back over something we've written that another has questioned... i don't know the Harry Potter series by heart, but i have watched one or two of the movies. thanks for the explanation. :)

Hmmm, this came out pretty awful, but it was an interpretation that HAD to be made. :p

---

It finished in red, in the pounding of blood. That sound that had become so familiar, oft forgotten now labouring, retreating. Then the tunnel, the light.

The pain.

The worst pain in all my life. The first. Later, everyone learns its the same for everyone. Later, but I knew nothing about others, and everyone so how could I know about pain?

And why?

The very first time why meant why me. That was just the beginning. It got worse. Everyone knows but they forget. The worst crime to the most innocent is forgotten because it is natural and it has always been that way.

Then the cold.

Then when it could get no worse, warm hands took me, someone cared for me, and I knew that despite all the pain a worse pain I had never had a name for was lifting.

Lonelyness. I would never be lonely again.

----

Oh did I need a description? I am small and pudgy and wrinkly. ;)

Yah. Brand new character. Worst day of life, best day of life first day of life. Someone had to do it.

It occurs to me, the worst day of your life could still be the worst day of your life even if you knew no day would be as bad as this ever again. However, how can the best day of your life be a good day if you know this is it, this is the pinnacle. It will never be any better.
If the best day of your life ceases to be a good day because you KNOW it is the best day of your life, then either your entire life is shit or another day becomes the best day. But then the same argument applies and it cannot be a good day if you know it is your best. So can we not conclude that all happiness is selfdeception?

:rolleyes:

it depends on your perspective.

all days can be good, and all days can be bad (i know this much from experience). if it's possible, act as if they're all good and pretty soon they will be. sounds trite? yeah well, i'm still learning. lol

is anyone ready for another exercise yet? i have a doosy that drove me nuts because well, because i don't plot. grrr

edited to add
Are these exercises I'm putting up actually helping at all?
Is anyone finding them useful?
Do you want me to continue with them, or give it a rest?

Last edited:
wildsweetone said:
Are these exercises I'm putting up actually helping at all?
Is anyone finding them useful?
Do you want me to continue with them, or give it a rest?

I love your exercises, WSO. They give me a chance to practice my art. Poultry.
MG

TheEarl has a great exercise going at the moment, jump on that one Svenskaflicka, it's probably right up your alley :)

I've got an exercise for you, MG: Read all 4 Harry Potter-books, and write an essay for each and every one of them, explaining the 50 best things about that particular book!:D

Huh!

Svenskaflicka said:
I've got an exercise for you, MG: Read all 4 Harry Potter-books, and write an essay for each and every one of them, explaining the 50 best things about that particular book!:D

Fat chance of that, Swede.
MG

Ps. On this date in 1961, the great Swedish heavyweight champion Ingemar Johanssen was coldcocked by Floyd Patterson. Johanssen's first words when regaining consciousness were, "Yumpin' Yimminy! Anybody get the license number of dat bus?"

Sorry, Svenska, "Yumpin' Yimminy" are the only Swedish words I know.

Pps. Rowwwwwwwrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr hiss hisss

Last edited:
Re: Huh!

MathGirl said:
Ps. On this date in 1961, the great Swedish heavyweight champion Ingemar Johanssen was coldcocked by Floyd

You misspelt "cuckolded".

Sub Joe, never mind sneaking in now and again and giving us a peek... why don't you put your best err... foot, forward and try an exercise? ;)

Re: Re: Huh!

Sub Joe said:
You misspelt "cuckolded".

No, Joe, Mr Patterson and Mrs Johanssen didn't .................
Oh, good grief. Why didn't I just keep still?

Back