Favorite Lines

Victoria Veiss said:
"Watch out for Sodomite patrols!"
I'm going to give this line to a tee-shirt shop on Castro Street. So far I'd give this the prize of all posted so far.

Welcom, V V.

cordially, Perdita

From this point -- when the main oedipal impulse may be screamed, on camera, at the top of one’s lungs -- it may be difficult to appreciate the degree of manipulation it required to permit Mae West to deliver some of her best screen lines.

Take this example, from 1936, under the first crush of the newly instigated Hayes Commission. :(

The Frisco Dolll: Whenever I'm caught between two evils, I take the one I never tried. :eek:

The fact that Mae West shared screen-writing credits, makes this even more of an accomplishment. :cool:

That's the trouble with psychiatry . . . its so pleonastic!

Last edited:
The BEST Mae West lines come from before 1934, when the Hayes Commision took over Hollywood

Last edited:
How about trying this the other way around?

Quick! Anybody! Name this Movie.

Myrna Loy: I read that you were shot three times in the Tabloid.

William Powell: That’s a lie. He didn’t come anywhere near my Tabloids.

Picky, picky. One of the Thin Man movies. That's as explicit as my recall goes. P.

Gilda

Am actually watching this great classic. Rita Hayworth just replied to Glenn Ford,

"If I'd been a ranch they would have called me the bar none."

Great, great film. - Perdita

Flicka, I quoted other lines from Am. Pie above. P.

Love that character though.

I howled at the scene in American Pie II, when the guys are being blackmailed by these two girls that they'll get to see the girls have sex with each other, if the guys will have sex together, and this whole adventure is, unknownst to the guys, being broadcasted on local radio. One listener, who apparently wants to live out his dream of watching a girl-girl scene live, throught the guys, cries out:

"Go on, boy! Touch his ass!"

Possible time when to use this phrase? When you have to work hard to get what you dream of.

Quasimodem said:
How about trying this the other way around?

Quick! Anybody! Name this Movie.

Myrna Loy: I read that you were shot three times in the Tabloid.

William Powell: That’s a lie. He didn’t come anywhere near my Tabloids.

Don't fuck with me Quasi. Start your own thread. This one is for quotes; it's not Name That Movie. We've just been through a big thing about this and I'm not in the mood.

---dr.M.

dr_mabeuse said:
Don't fuck with me Quasi. Start your own thread. This one is for quotes; it's not Name That Movie. We've just been through a big thing about this and I'm not in the mood.
---dr.M.

Oh-Oh!

Happy Time is over.

The Six Words That Can Seduce Any Woman

Women: don't read this unless you want to start humping your computer screens in about two paragraphs.

Back in the days when women were still seduced, I got my hands on a copy of a "men's magazine" that promised to give you this secret in one of its articles. It wasn't a gag or a bait-and-switch; they were serious. You had to read the whole article because the words were buried inside, they weren't in boldface type or emphasized in any way.

So: am I going to give you this priceless bit of wisdom free of charge? Will you use it responsibly? Are you alone where no one can see?

Then here they are:

"I can make your body sing."

That was it. "I can make your body sing."

Of course we immediately started customizing it: I can make your body croon/warble/shriek/blubber/whistle/whatever.

I still reach back for that tried and true wisdom in moments of pre-erotic tension when the outcome is in doubt.

I just hope it works as well for you as it has for me.

---dr.M.

Quasimodem said:
Oh-Oh! Happy Time is over.
Quas: we could start a thread on how we need a sub-forum for moody people; or sub-fora for various moods.

I'm outta here, Mab., don't twist those knickers tighter.

Perdita

had to jump back in

Are you serious, Mab.? That's as trite and washed out as using "he played me like a great musician his violin" in an erotica scene.

Ballet dancers can maker their bodies sing though.

going away again, Perdita

Back