Favorite Movie Quotes

Spoiler alert!

But what is it? It's uttered several times in the movie, then it turns out to be Kane's favorite childhood sleigh. I think it's being burned at the end. Orson Welles indulged in a bit of sentimentality there.
The Columbo episode had the sleigh as a prop, and I thought I read it actually was the real thing from the movie.

One of the best movie scenes, which also feature one of my favorite music genre, the Opera. :heart:

“To this day, I have no idea what those two Italian ladies were singing about. Truth is, I don’t want to know. Some things are left best unsaid.

I would like to think they were singing about something was so beautiful it can’t be expressed in words and make your heart ache because of it. I tell you those voices soared higher and farther than anybody in a gray place dares to dream. It was like some beautiful bird flapped into our drab little cage and made these walls dissolve away. For the briefest moment every last man in Shawshank felt free.”

Last edited:
The Columbo episode had the sleigh as a prop, and I thought I read it actually was the real thing from the movie.
It looks like it was burned at the end of the movie (see YouTube). By the way, if it was indeed Heart's nickname for part of his mistress's anatomy, how would anyone know? One of them must have talked about it.

It looks like it was burned at the end of the movie (see YouTube). By the way, if it was indeed Heart's nickname for part of his mistress's anatomy, how would anyone know? One of them must have talked about it.
This morning I woke up and the Columbo episode was on the air. Apparently there were three balsa sleds made, this was the only one that didn’t get burned up.

As an added bonus, Kin Catrall is also in the episode. 🥰🥰🥰

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077352/?ref_=hm_rvi_tt_i_1

You stupid fuck! You didn't know me? You fired without a warning, without a fucking brain in your head? Oh, shit. If I buy one, motherfucker, I ain't buying it from you.

Back