Favorite Movie Quotes

“For most Gentiles, Jewish meat is cheap, cheaper than beef, even cheaper than herring.”

— Paul Newman in the movie Exodus (1960)

Warning: Spoiler Alert!

People do care about this things no matter how old they are. Anyway:

"So they were turning after all, those cameras. Life, which can be strangely merciful, had taken pity on Norma Desmond. The dream she had clung to so desperately had enfolded her."

Then Norma herself says, "And I promise you I'll never desert you again because after 'Salome' we'll make another picture and another picture. You see, this is my life! It always will be! Nothing else! Just us, and the cameras, and those wonderful people out there in the dark!... All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up."

One of the best movie endings ever.

"You always have a very smooth explanation ready."
"What do you want me to do, learn to stutter?"

I am studying up for the "Hammered - an Ode to Mickey Spillane" event...
Oh, okay. That movie was based on a book by Dashiel Hammet… don’t actually remember how to spell his first name, but I actually did read that book. It was really good. 🥰🥰🥰

Oh, okay. That movie was based on a book by Dashiel Hammet… don’t actually remember how to spell his first name, but I actually did read that book. It was really good. 🥰🥰🥰
Yes, I am going for the whole genre. Hammet, Spillane, Caine, Chandler (I am a sucker for Chandler's work), Macdonald, Daly. All of them.

Back