Favorite Movie Quotes

“When a man's partner is killed, he's supposed to do something about it. It doesn't make any difference what you thought of him. He was your partner and you're supposed to do something about it."

"If you follow them, I'll hunt you down and kill you, every mother's son of you!"

"You can go off and rule the universe from beyond the grave."
"Indeed!"
"Or check into a psycho ward, which ever comes first, huh?"

I played Renfield in my high school production of Dracula.
Nice! Which actor’s portrayal of the role did you lean on? Dwight Frye’s performance in Dracula is one of my favorites in any horror movie. In fact, Dracula (1931) is one of my favorite movies of any genre.

I always go back to Casablanca, when Renault is told to "make up" an excuse to shut down Rick's bar.

Rick: How can you close me up? On what grounds?

Renault: I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here! [a croupier hands Renault a pile of money]

Croupier: Your winnings, sir.

Renault: Oh, thank you very much.

I always go back to Casablanca, when Renault is told to "make up" an excuse to shut down Rick's bar.
That is probably my favorite movie (it is hard to pick just one, but it has been in my top five for 40 years running), and that scene is perfect.

Bogart was created to play Rick. Bergman is absolutely luminescent. Heinrad nails the nobility and trust. Veitd, Greenstreet, Lorre, Sakall, Wilson, and Lebeau are all amazing as supporting characters. But Claude Rains glues that movie together. Such an amazing role for him.

Nice! Which actor’s portrayal of the role did you lean on? Dwight Frye’s performance in Dracula is one of my favorites in any horror movie. In fact, Dracula (1931) is one of my favorite movies of any genre.
It was a high school adaptation of the play, so Renfield was very much the comedy relief, and it was played very broadly. My teacher wasn't interested in going more subtle, so it was Frye's version, pushed out a bit more.

My favorite line to this day: Van Helsing: I have the stake. Renfield: And I'll make the salad!

"Listen, you stupid, ignorant, son of a bitch, dumb bastard! I'm trying to report a murder and you're playing cops and robbers!"

John Smith: you tried to kill me… and I’m becoming less and less concerned for your wellbeing.

(Watching Mr and Mrs Smith as i type)

Back