Forms of address

I call him Sir or by his given name...Sir more and more, as my kids are slowly but surely getting "accustomed" to hearing that.

I once told him I just did not think I could use the term "Master" without breaking out into laughter, recalls too many "I Dream of Jeannie" shows and just doesn't work for me... it just has that laughing effect on me. (NO disrespect intended to anyone who uses that term, I know there are many, including some of my best sub friends, for whom it DOES seem to fit!) Thankfully, he prefers Sir as well.

- justina

Interestingly, I was talking to one of our most successful musician/singers in Oz and referred to Master by that and he mistakenly thought I was referring to a spiritual Master....am into Buddhism, and spiritual growth, and do see Master as contributing to that but was amusing the whole picture was out of focus in a variant which tended to confirm my idea this person was much more than most assumed he was....and that is nice.

Catalina

catalina_francisco said:
Interestingly, I was talking to one of our most successful musician/singers in Oz and referred to Master by that and he mistakenly thought I was referring to a spiritual Master....am into Buddhism, and spiritual growth, and do see Master as contributing to that but was amusing the whole picture was out of focus in a variant which tended to confirm my idea this person was much more than most assumed he was....and that is nice.

Catalina

Catalina, I, too, am into Buddhism! :) I'm not sure the monks would look kindly upon this lifestyle, but it's nice to know at least one fellow Buddhist.

Back on-topic, I have a question...sort of. I have a surrogate cyber-sub (surrogate because I'm 'in training,' and she was most willing to be my sub. Not too long ago, I commented to her that we needed to more-clearly define our relationship. She replied with the following: 'I'm your littleone, and you're my Master or Sir.' Is it kosher for the sub to suggest the forms of address? I was (and am) most pleased with her suggestions, and this is how we've addressed one another ever since. I find Master at onnce preferable and difficult as a term for her to use because, while it adds a sense of formality and structure to our relationship, it also suggests the S/M practice (sado-masochism, not slave/master). I consider that Master is implied in our D/s practices.

I know I'm over-analyizing here, but are there comments from the forum on my questions?

Owlz said:
Catalina, I, too, am into Buddhism! :) I'm not sure the monks would look kindly upon this lifestyle, but it's nice to know at least one fellow Buddhist.

Therearea couple of posteres into Buddhism though our ideas sometimes vary naturally depending on the form you follow and how closely. I have been doing lots of reading lately and find BDSM may not be that out of kilter with Buddhist thought depending on the approach of both lifestyler and Buddhist.

Back on-topic, I have a question...sort of. I have a surrogate cyber-sub (surrogate because I'm 'in training,' and she was most willing to be my sub. Not too long ago, I commented to her that we needed to more-clearly define our relationship. She replied with the following: 'I'm your littleone, and you're my Master or Sir.' Is it kosher for the sub to suggest the forms of address? I was (and am) most pleased with her suggestions, and this is how we've addressed one another ever since. I find Master at onnce preferable and difficult as a term for her to use because, while it adds a sense of formality and structure to our relationship, it also suggests the S/M practice (sado-masochism, not slave/master). I consider that Master is implied in our D/s practices.

I know I'm over-analyizing here, but are there comments from the forum on my questions?

Not normally the place of submissive to decide the forms of address but would say perhaps in this instance it was a matter of answering a question from you and may have been more as you asked, a defining, than actual address term, though they are also forms of address.

Catalina

catalina_francisco said:
Not normally the place of submissive to decide the forms of address but would say perhaps in this instance it was a matter of answering a question from you and may have been more as you asked, a defining, than actual address term, though they are also forms of address.

Catalina

I agree with you as regards it not being the submissive's place to make such decisions. You're right, also, in that she was answering a question I had asked.

Thanks, Catalina.

Ebonyfire said:
I am thinking of taking "Your Majesty" out for a test drive.:devil:

I think it is a perfect fit Your Majesty!!! :)

Justina123 said:

<snip>
I once told him I just did not think I could use the term "Master" without breaking out into laughter, recalls too many "I Dream of Jeannie" shows and just doesn't work for me... it just has that laughing effect on me. (NO disrespect intended to anyone who uses that term, I know there are many, including some of my best sub friends, for whom it DOES seem to fit!) <snip>

- justina

That is too funny, I said the exact same thing! Luck for me, he agreed. Right now, I call him by his given name, or, southern girl that I am, sweetie. Everyone ends up getting called sweetie or hunny at some point :D He has told me that he is thinking up a title for himself, but is not ready to share it with me. I am either Kimmie, or baby. Usually baby. Sometimes, little girl.

Well, I tried SirMasterDomKungFuFungiUg, but it doesn't seem to have caught on.

I prefer being called Sir, and yet our submissive calls me Master. Why? Well... two reasons. I told her she could progress to calling me Master when she felt I was her Master. And the second is that Mistress and Sir sounds silly... Mistress and Master is a better combination.

Nothing wrong with the "I Dream Of Jeannie" connection... :D

I prefer my girlfriend to call me "My Goddess" or "The All-Knowing One" but my favorite is "zubulu ba`lu ´aretsi"

Of course, I'd prefer everyone to call me that and I've never found one person who would...

God, I'm in the minority, whaddaya know.

I don't have a crisis of authority because my bottom calls me by my name. It makes life easy in restaurants and hardware stores, it doesn't embarrass him in ways he dislikes...why does everyone feel like they need a title at all?

Pet names abound, the one that makes me happiest is "Lady" and its favorite variant "Pretty Lady" or used in such phrasings as "you're the best Lady"

It's never my Lady or miLady (ew) or anything too contrived. Contrivances....and we both start to giggle.

I've been known to call him boy, slave boy, sweet boy and kitty. Doesn't this make y'all wanna gag?

edited to axe an overeager apostrophe...

Ebonyfire said:
I am thinking of taking "Your Majesty" out for a test drive.:devil:

i don't know if i could pull that one off, it could be made to sound snyde so easily, i think i'd have a very red butt...

i always do make up speical names for the people i'm with (irreguardless of the relationship) currently i tell Mr. Man that he's my "pook-a-boo" sometimes he thinks it's fu nny to make me address him as "Lord HIgh Pook-a-boo" in public though, it's realy not all that ammuseing. ok it is haha...

Howling_Ire said:
i don't know if i could pull that one off, it could be made to sound snyde so easily, i think i'd have a very red butt...

i always do make up speical names for the people i'm with (irreguardless of the relationship) currently i tell Mr. Man that he's my "pook-a-boo" sometimes he thinks it's fu nny to make me address him as "Lord HIgh Pook-a-boo" in public though, it's realy not all that ammuseing. ok it is haha...

Well since my boys would be calling Me Your Majesty, I think I can pull it off. They are pretty respectful.

Or their ass pays the price!

Ebonyfire said:
Well since my boys would be calling Me Your Majesty, I think I can pull it off. They are pretty respectful.

Or their ass pays the price!

Eb, Your Majesty. I think you are one of the few people who can do more than 'test drive' that title...

I do in all sincerity. :)

kayte said:
Eb, Your Majesty. I think you are one of the few people who can do more than 'test drive' that title...

::::::::::waves & hoots at kayte::::::: :)

kayte said:

Why thankee!:rose:

Back