"Gathering of the Clans"

Re: Re: "Gathering of the Clans"

sailorm72003 said:
MG,Play it for Walt the Beagle, perfect accompaniment for the howling.
Dear Sal,
No way, it would just encourage the tricolored sumbitch.
MG
Ps. I got a video for my cat, though. It has several scenes, one with birds twittering around, and his favorite is the one with bees. The Senor just sits in front of the TV, staring in fascination. Occasionally, when there's a really good part, he stretches up and paws the screen. I think he would watch it all day if I kept replaying. He knows where I keep the video, and if I haven't played it for him in about a week, he sits staring at the cabinet, making occasional yowls to suggest he wants me to start his show.
MG

MathGirl said:
. . . The Senor. . . Occasionally . . . stretches up and paws the screen. . .
MG

Friday lies on his back in front of my monitor, while he tries to catch the cursor. :rolleyes:

If I spend too much time with the keyboard, not moving the mouse, he sits up, as wide as he can, (he's a Persian) to block my sight of the monitor, until I start playing "Catch the Cursor" with him, again. :(

When he thinks it is time to take him for a walk*, instead of sitting there at the computer, he sits on my mouse. :eek:

* The secret to taking a cat for a walk on a leash is in recognizing who is in charge. All will go well if you remember that it is the cat who is walking you. ;)

Svenskaflicka said:
Don't you just love a man who's enough confident in his own manliness to dare wear a skirt in public?:heart:

Yeah, all except David Beckham. :rolleyes:

I for one love the bagpipes, I even sat through The Edinburgh Military Tattoo on the TV last night, that really is a sight to behold. Men in kilts do it for me everytime. ;)

As for Alan Rickman... PHWOAAAR! :devil:
'Truly, Madly Deeply' is one of my favourite films of all time, although he didn't play the bagpipes in that, merely the cello. That film may me laugh hard and cry even harder.

Lou-lou :rose:

Tatelou said:
As for Alan Rickman... PHWOAAAR! :devil:
'Truly, Madly Deeply' is one of my favourite films of all time,
Right on, woman. I luuvvvvvved his crappy Spanish too, and when he recites that poem, I lose it each time.

Purrditta :rose:

perdita said:
Right on, woman. I luuvvvvvved his crappy Spanish too, and when he recites that poem, I lose it each time.

Purrditta :rose:

It is a film for the hopeless romantic in us. I can never make it through the poem scene without tears rolling down my face.
A true masterpiece.

And here I thought it was Sean Connery that the women all went googly over in a kilt.

Eff: the leg wraps don't matter. With Connery and Rickman it's the voice for me. They could recite the phone book and my knees would buckle. The package is mighty fine too.

Perdita

Originally posted by perdita Eff: the leg wraps don't matter. With Connery and Rickman it's the voice for me. They could recite the phone book and my knees would buckle. The package is mighty fine too.
Dear Perdita,
Good grief! Sometimes I think you would just take up with anyone wearing pan ...... ski ...... Oh, never mind.
MG

Perdita, it's you who make me speechless (no small task).

If we'd met when you were that age (in your AV) I would definately been unable to make my tongue stay put in my mouth. Of course, I might have found other uses.

See, I told you all, she was a beautiful babe.

Course, MG, I already have permanent double vision and you're a sight for both eyes.

Re: Couldn't have said it better ...

MathGirl said:
Dear Perdita, My, aren't we eloquent today. MG
It was a mean-spirited reposte to your previous one to me. I thought better of it so deleted it.

sensitive Perdita

ffreak said:
If we'd met when you were that age (in your AV) I would definately been unable to make my tongue stay put in my mouth.
Close your mouth now, Eff. I'm taken (then and now).

empathetically, Perdita :)

perdita said:
Eff: the leg wraps don't matter. With Connery and Rickman it's the voice for me. They could recite the phone book and my knees would buckle. The package is mighty fine too.

Perdita

Purrditta, I couldn't agree more.

This might sound daft to all who don't appreciate the fine points of the two, but my 'ironing' film used to be Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves.
It's been a while since I've done this, but to take the chore value out of the ironing I used to stick that film in the VCR and I'd be away. I hardly noticed I was ironing. Alan Rickman made that film with his superb portrayal of the Sheriff of Nottingham and the added bonus was the cameo of Sir Sean at the end as King Richard I. *swoon*

Romantically,

Yes, yes, yes, Loulou. Rickman is the best thing in the film. (Kevin Costner holds not a smidgen of masculinity for me.)

And what about "Robin and Marian" w/Connery as a 'senior' Robin Hood? (Audrey Hepburn is lovely as Marian.)

Swooning, Purrditta

So what about the Highlander movies where Connery actually got to romp around with a bunch of guys in kilts?

Or Braveheart with Mel the Aussie Scot?

closed-mouth F

ffreak said:
So what about the Highlander movies where Connery actually got to romp around with a bunch of guys in kilts?

Or Braveheart with Mel the Aussie Scot?

closed-mouth F

Oooh yeah, the Highlander films really do it for me. Christopher Lambert is also a very sexy guy.

I've got mixed feelings on Braveheart. Mel Gibson is a horn-inducing guy, but his accent threw me off, as did the fact the film wasn't historically accurate.

Then again, Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves sucked geographically, but that didn't put me off, much. In the morning they landed at the white cliffs of Dover in thier boat, by tea-time they were at Hadrian's Wall, by nightfall they'd gone South again to Nottingham Castle. Alan made up for my perplexity by screaming "I'm gonna cut your heart out, with a SPOON!"

In film-buff mode,

Lou

Tatelou said:
Alan made up for my perplexity by screaming "I'm gonna cut your heart out, with a SPOON!"

Mmmmmm... that sentence was wonderful. I also trembled at "For once in my life, I want something PURE!"... and he looked so hot in that movie!

Alan, Alan, Alan... *drool*

Originally posted by ffreak So what about the Highlander movies where Connery actually got to romp around with a bunch of guys in kilts?
The only thing I remember of the Highlander movies is that SConnery was a reincarnated Spaniard. He called somebody a "pendejo." Simple and eloquent.
MG

Tatelou said:
. . . Mel Gibson . . . his accent threw me off. . .
In film-buff mode, Lou

Mel Gibson shares one dubious honour with Arnold Schwarzenegger. Mel had an early release, “Mad Max” dubbed into English, in the American release. Arnie had his accent removed in his 1970 film debut “Hercules in New York.”

Speaking of dubbed stars, you have GOT to hear Tony Curtis in "The Black Shield of Falworth." Pity dubbing was not offered to Curtis.

Quasimodem said:
Speaking of dubbed stars, you have GOT to hear Tony Curtis in "The Black Shield of Falworth."
Dear Quaz,
If that's the movie I'm thinking of, my dad has a video he plays just to hear Bernie Schwartz say, "Yondah lies my fodda's castle." Sounds like he's fresh from Flatbush.
MG
Ps. Did I get TC's name right?

MathGirl said:
. . . Did I get TC's name right?
Yes.

Except that I THINK the exact quote was "Yondah lies the castle of my fodda."
You've got it! :rolleyes:

Quasimodem said:
Except that I THINK the exact quote was "Yondah lies the castle of my fodda."
Dear Quaz,
As per usual, you're right. I stand corrected.
MG
Ps. Gotta go change the erl.

Back