How Do You View Yourself?

I had this really scary moment yesterday where I was straight up spiraling. My weight has always fluctuated due to hypothyroidism and the last couple years or so it's just gotten worse. I've been going to the gym the last few months and while I'm seeing a little progress I'm not quite seeing the overall results I want. I convinced myself I was never going to lose the weight and I was just going to keep gaining until I looked like Baron Harkonen. I was full on freaking out.

And Lit...I make no secret or apologies that I'm not ripped like a lot of the hot dudes that get ogled in the pic threads. I am who I am. Overall I generally think I'm okay looking and I've got style. Not to mention that I've brought plenty of partners to orgasm (it's true, read my Yelp reviews). But I hate this garbage bag full of mayonnaise I have for a mid-section. 🤣 I still think about the one person from years ago I showed a full body pic who straight up body-shamed me. It was someone who was liked so it was weird and kind of shocking that she literally just told me "You'd look a lot better if you weren't so big." And another person recently said something completely innocuous that in the moment I read as "Ah ha! See? This is proof no one wants you. You're a stooge and a joke."

My logical mind knows I'm a worthwhile, cool person. I'm the person I dreamed of being when I was younger and getting slapped around (literally and figuratively) by pretty much everyone in my life. I didn't grow up to be a lame asshole. I still make art and do music and I don't have anyone holding me back from great experiences. I regard myself well, or at least try to. But sometimes? Holy shit, do I get harsh reminders that the work is in progress.
You know I know you are an incredibly kind, thoughtful, talented, creative and sexy AF person but just in case I'm going to type it out too.
Huge hugs and a few squeezes 😜
I am glad you are here, glad you have persevered to be and you make the world better.
Not many people can say this, “I'm the person I dreamed of being when I was younger” that is one of the coolest fucking things I've ever read and it took work. You are so rad! 💕❤️😘

I get you. I am not the best looking guy at all. I resemble Shrek except I'm not green. I have had confidence issues all my life and recently I've tried posting a few pics on here.

However that has now stopped after I got a comment in public that quoted my pic and got "Yuck."

So that has put paid to that. Some people are just cruel.
Wonky, I don't know you much except for crossing on threads but I wanted to say two things. First, thank you for creating this thread. A place to honestly share is crucial on Lit. Second, I am sad that your photo sharing has stopped but I completely understand. Sharing on this site is a gift and no one deserves to be treated like shit, insulted or face cruel and hurtful comments.
What @Shenanigans90 said is true. The majority of us want to see fellow Litsters but that may not make you feel comfortable sharing publicly again.

As for folks that put others down, it is so sad their insecurities and bullshit get spewed out and impact how others feel about themselves. As for folks that put others down, it is so sad their insecurities and bullshit get spewed out and impact how others feel about themselves.
@NRJLIVES4ever
@AWonkyDonkey
@Shenanigans90

I never knew men felt like this, I wonder if any other men feel this way. ( Said in sincerity )
I know you said this in sincerity and I have no reason to not believe you so please do not take this as an attack. I am genuinely confused though. What did you not know other men felt? (I'm hopeful this can be a dialog but only if @AWonkyDonkey feels it's ok.)

You know I know you are an incredibly kind, thoughtful, talented, creative and sexy AF person but just in case I'm going to type it out too.
Huge hugs and a few squeezes 😜
I am glad you are here, glad you have persevered to be and you make the world better.
Not many people can say this, “I'm the person I dreamed of being when I was younger” that is one of the coolest fucking things I've ever read and it took work. You are so rad! 💕❤️😘

Wonky, I don't know you much except for crossing on threads but I wanted to say two things. First, thank you for creating this thread. A place to honestly share is crucial on Lit. Second, I am sad that your photo sharing has stopped but I completely understand. Sharing on this site is a gift and no one deserves to be treated like shit, insulted or face cruel and hurtful comments.
What @Shenanigans90 said is true. The majority of us want to see fellow Litsters but that may not make you feel comfortable sharing publicly again.

As for folks that put others down, it is so sad their insecurities and bullshit get spewed out and impact how others feel about themselves. As for folks that put others down, it is so sad their insecurities and bullshit get spewed out and impact how others feel about themselves.

I know you said this in sincerity and I have no reason to not believe you so please do not take this as an attack. I am genuinely confused though. What did you not know other men felt? (I'm hopeful this can be a dialog but only if @AWonkyDonkey feels it's ok.)

Thank you @Photog1rl - that is appreciated.

Of course, I don't mind about the thread being used for some good. If this is a good space for people to vent about these things, then that's great.

Thoughts...

Very few of us are what we appear to be at first glance.

Given a chance, a brilliant personality, character, and heart will shine through far more attractively than anything the body can do.

Know... who and what you are... deep in your soul. Be that person, always. The rest will take care of itself.

Last edited:
I view myself as invisible, as it should be
I once was, and I wanted to be visible

But now I don't care, so I'm content with being invisible
I don't know how that's going to work here

People love me for what I am now, not for what I was
Some of you know me for what I was, but I've changed

'You can't judge a book by it's covers' even if the pages are blank
So I'll remain invisible

@Rj_1954

I used to struggle with confidence...until I realized everything...is a lie! That's when I began CDing and...gotta tell ya, ain't lookin' back! And...I literally do not care...what anyone thinks! Here's why: Say anything you want about me...it's either, 1) false - in which case you've said nothing about me, only about you, or 2) true - in which case I'm owning it....or?...you just helped me be better by pointing out something I did not know about myself in which case I'm either working on it (and thank you) or owning it.

As a strong woman of 70 who has been through a lot. I just don't get men on Lit who pm me out of the blue who are absolute bully assholes. I can only assume they're sociopaths who believe they have the right to be a sociopathic asshole

Back