If you lived in the NorthEast US and Canada...

The whole city here (in greater Niagara region) was black. The night sky was beautiful. A bit warm indoors (80s).

J.

A candle light memory...

Damn stupid hiccup here.

DS

Last edited:
A candle light memory...

Was it me, or did the site hiccup?

DS

Last edited:
A candle light memory...

Sorry about this, post kept repeating itself for some reason.

DS

Last edited:
A candle light memory...

I'd had a heated argument with my significant other at breakfast, and left for work still pissed off at him. When the power outage happened things got pretty dicey around the office, what with people standing around unable to use their computers so close to the end of our shift we were sent home. Unfortunately with the power out we had to use the stairs to get out of the building, and it was like walking down into the bowels of hell what with the 90 degrees outside beating on our building.

I decided to do a little shopping on the way home. Picked up several gallons of spring water, and canned food, then stopped off at this ribs place, and picked up a side of cold baby backs for our grill, and headed home. I was determined to make up with Joey, even if I was right. But looking back at the argument from a distance now made it almost laughable. I'd just have to remember to make sure the toilet seat was down before falling into the toilet was all.

It was amazing seeing him out on the front porch waiting for me. And it was nice to have his help gathering up our groceries for a change. But what really took my breath away was walking into the house, and finding candles lit up on every possible flat surface we have. The scent of rose, and wild strawberries permeated the air making the heat seem trivial by comparison.

In moments we were love wrestling on the floor, our groceries all but forgetton in the sweat soaked passion of the moment. In no time we ended up inverted. I had his swollen member naked before my eyes, and I paid homage to it as his tongue slid into my heated cove seaking his own thrist quenching elixer...

Ahem! Well, in any event we had a great, and sweaty time baptising the carpeting. Several times in fact before, and after grilling the ribs. We finally did blow out all of the candles before heading up to bed, and that's when the lights came back on.

DS

Re: A candle light memory...

Dirty Slut said:
. . . We finally did blow out all of the candles . . .DS
Must have been those trick candles that keep relighting :confused:

"So you hufffed! And you puffed! And you . . ." :eek:

Dirty Slut said:
Sorry about this, post kept repeating itself for some reason.

DS
It's OK. I get to see that cute little ass more times, this way.

Actually, it would look even better if the ruffles weren't there, but that is just my opinion. :D

Dirty Slut said:
I'd had a heated argument with my significant other at breakfast, and left for work still pissed off at him.
You know, you should never do this, just in case something happens...
Dirty Slut said:
Ahem! Well, in any event we had a great, and sweaty time baptising the carpeting. Several times in fact before, and after grilling the ribs. We finally did blow out all of the candles before heading up to bed, and that's when the lights came back on.DS
But, as it turns out, it seems everything went in and out and in and out OK. :D

Well, it seems we might have another mini baby boom 9 months after this power outage, too. After all, it's only fair, right? This generation needs something to remember their outage by, too.

*laughs*

The last power out I remember (I live in the UK) was a local one when my sister was in the last year of junior school.

It was the annual school play, and more dire than ever. I was considering just... walking out when the lights went.

A smart comment?

"See! Even God thinks its boring mommy!"

This blackout represented our fourth major power outage in 26 years of marriage:
1) NYC blackout in '77 - wife came to visit me at hotel while I was at a training seminar. Lights went out just as we were served dinner. Room was on 13th floor, we walked a LOT and didn't have power for two days. No water in hotel room - YUCK!!!
2) Hurricane Gloria '85 - power lines ripped off house by falling tree that landed on car, garage and neighbor's house. Pregnant wife and I moved in with inlaws for week and halfway through I had to leave for Phoenix to meet clients - ended up taking 2 year old son on trip.
3) October, '87 - surprise early snowstorm, while leaves still on trees knocked out power to large portions of New England. Wife again pregnant, but now we had two rug rats to ride herd on. Recently moved to new house, good news, it had two fireplaces and 'city' water - toilets could be flushed! Lots of time at in laws again.

August 2003 - have battery backups on all the computers, so we shut down without crashing. We live in a rural area that is becoming much more suburban. Local pizza shop's ovens are gas fired so we ordered take out for dinner and with the sun setting late, we were able to enjoy eating outside. Second hardest job this time: digging through our darkened basement to find the screens for the windows. With central a/c, we had not put them back on. Have well water, so we used buckets of water from the swiming pool to fill the toilets. And THAT was where our kids, now teenagers, spent the better part of the night. We lit all the tiki torches for light and just stayed outside until a late bedtime.

We had a battery operated 'mini boom box' that allowed us to have news and music out by the pool. And the very bright moon provided plenty of light in our house, so while we had a few candles, we really didn't need them.

Hardest job this time - making arrangements to power the "Good Humor" truck. Oldest son's summer job is driving ice cream truck that has to be plugged in each night to chill. Fortunately brother in law had a large enough generator and lives only two towns away. So we disconnected the charging station here and took it with us over there and rewired.

Best part of this job - some of the ice cream bars had already started to get soft in the household freezer - so we went ahead and ate them.

Funniest site for us - on the way back from dropping off the truck, a small rural neighborhood had laready had power restored. There was a fishing and gun shop, a copy repair center and couple of other small businesses. At 11 at night they all had all their lights on and the "OPEN" signs lit. I guess they all just went home and forgot to turn off any switches. Before we figured out what had happened, we thought the gun shop was open doing late night 'protection' business <G> .

Nicest part - the quiet was restored to our neighborhood for an evening and sleeping with the windows open.

Power was back on for us at 4:40 AM. All in all, definitely the easiest power outage with the very nice weather and since it was the shortest (for us) mostly pleasant memories. Yes, I am thinking about getting a generator. If it had been bad weather, we would have been miserable.

OldnotDead
http://www.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=135309

OldnotDead, such a wonderful outlook on bad times. Sounds like you almost expect the power to go out, up there.

We have experienced our own ice storms, down here in the Midwest. It seems to me, something would be done differently, knowing what happens when ice and/or snow, trees and power lines all get together for a party.

I didn't remember the year of the NYC blackout. It was really that late? I thought it was more into the 60s. Oh, well. I didn't live it as you did, so I will take your memories of it as law. When events like this happen, the year, day, and what we were doing at the time it all began are emblazoned in our minds for life.

Thanks for a great story.
Hey, got any ice-cream bars left over? AHem, I'm partial to those bombpops.

One Week Later:

Most of Ontario's Hydro comes from the Bruce reactor, which had to go off-line when the Lake Erie circle went unstable.

To date, we have enough hydro to get by, but not enough for our regular needs, and no outside area is exporting.

Until the Bruce reactor comes online, we are getting by, so:

Large stores and malls are running without air conditioning, or very little. Half the lights are out in the stores, some production lines have shut down, and people are being urged not to water their lawns, etc.

That we are in the midst of this Summer's heat wave only adds to our pleasure.

It is becoming clear that the problem arose from quite deep below the 49th parallel, so the Mayor of New York City, who in the first hours of the blackout announced to the news cameras that the "problem" had originated in Canada, should step out again, and confess that he doesn't know his ass from his elbow.

It's really not a national secret.

DVS wrote:
"I didn't remember the year of theNYC blackout. It was really that late? I thought it was more into the 60s. "

The 'orginal' one was 1965 - nailed a huge portion of the East Coast. NYC went black summer of '77 and the Grid did work that time and shed NYC so the rest of New England stayed up and running. Took three days to get 90% of the power back on in the city, and by the end of the weekend, everything was 'normal'.

This time around, the Grid did not disconnect the way it should and this one got more folks than the one in '65.

OnD

Back